Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

sparatic or not at all recieiving notifications s20 plus

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 05:12 PM)
Rick919
Apprentice
Options

Hi  I just switched from my s9+ to the 20+. I am having an issue with receiving notifications. Either they won't come at all or a couple might occasionally come in.  I have it set the same as my S9+. As a test, I fired up my old S9+ on wifi and got a bazillion notifications from the last 24 hrs the phone has been off.  In comparison the S20+ got nothing. everything else seems to be working fine.

As I am typing this my S9 just got updates on Yahoo news, bleacher reports, and smart news. The S 20 nothing

The steps I have taken are the normal ones, checking notification settings, adaptive battery settings off and is set for maximum power, app settings, system updates etc all = to my s9+. I even went so far as to do a soft reset and cleared the phone's internal cache. The only thing I haven't done is a full system restore

I know I could upgrade again to a newer phone, but choose this one as it had more ram large battery and an sd card slot whereas the newer do not

The phone must be partially working as I do get some notifications, but nothing like I should.

Any suggestions I can try greatly appreciated

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rick919 Hello, if you are sure that the notification settings are correct, perhaps you should reset the device to factory settings. You say that you just changed the device? Have you configured the S 20, restoring the S 9 backup? If this is the case, I would recommend if you proceed to Factory Reset the S 20, do not restore any backups - install everything from scratch! Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rick919 Hello, if you are sure that the notification settings are correct, perhaps you should reset the device to factory settings. You say that you just changed the device? Have you configured the S 20, restoring the S 9 backup? If this is the case, I would recommend if you proceed to Factory Reset the S 20, do not restore any backups - install everything from scratch! Greeting.

0 Likes
Rick919
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did restore from the S9 backup. However, I uninstall the apps in question and reinstalled fresh copies..

That being said, could there still be some underlying issue from the restore that might be causing a problem?

Rick919
Apprentice
Options

Well, it has gotten better after a factory reset and and doing a fresh setup all my apps again  (what a pain) However it is still not up to the level the S9 was

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rick919 Thank you for confirming, I'm glad it helped, greetings!

0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Have you updated to android 13? There seems to be an issue with the update receiving notifications.
0 Likes
Rick919
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply.

Well, that's another problem, it won't update. Still on android 10 and 2020 security version. Short of taking it to a repair center haven't found a fix for that problem. 

0 Likes