Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something on my phone is interfering with twitter

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 04:35 PM)
Ziggy3
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have had an S20FE 5g for about a year now and up til now all has been ok, but recently ( about two months) I have been unable to set polls or vote in them on twitter. Also, again on Twitter, when I send a pic or receive one on DM, they turn grey. I've tried starting my phone in safe mode to see if I can isolate any offending app but I can't launch twitter to test it. I've tried turning off all the apps I can but that makes no difference. My other phone, an LG G4 works fine with twitter, so it's not them playing silly buggers! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey @Ziggy3, hope you're well.

Are you exclusively having problems with the Twitter app (not other third-party apps)? If so, have you tried clearing the cache/data (Settings > Apps > Twitter > Storage > Clear cache & Clear data - you might need to sign back into your account after doing this)?

With regard to you experience with Safe Mode, it's generally used to identify problems being caused by third-party apps, so that's why you couldn't launch  Twitter this way.

0 Likes
Ziggy3
First Poster
Options

Hi Josh, thanks for your speedy reply, and yes, I'm well thank you.

I forgot to mention that I've uninstalled and reinstalled twitter, but to no avail, and yes, it seems only to be affecting Twitter.

I understand what you said about safe mode, but I thought I'd try it and see anyway, as on windows it works differently.

Anyway, thanks again for your suggestions.

0 Likes
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

It's no problem at all - great to hear you've already taken some steps! :smiling-face:

Did you start experiencing the trouble after doing something in particular on your phone? For example, installing a new app or updating your software? It's strange that it only seems to be affecting the pictures (in the one app in particular), so I'm trying to think of what might have changed.

If you can't think of anything like that, it might be worth sending an Error report with your system log data (preferably within 15 minutes of experiencing the trouble), so the engineers can take a look:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes