Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Apps not opening

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 11:41 AM)
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
I've recently started having problems opening certain apps (bbc news, BBC weather, Spotify to name but a few). I have to close my WiFi and use my data to open them. It looks like this is a problem for many people. There is nothing wrong with my WiFi settings. This is also happening on my Galaxy Tab S6
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Sfra01 ,

I would happily help you with this. Are these apps working correctly when you use your mobile date or connect the phone and tab to a different Wi-Fi?

Do you receive any error codes or messages when that happens? 

0 Likes
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
Hi Tess. Yes As soon as I turn my WiFi off they work fine
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Does the same thing happen with any other Wi-Fi @Sfra01 ?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had this problem with Members app, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. This seemed to fix the issue
0 Likes
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
I have just logged into our BT hotspot WiFi, which we get free as BT are our broadband provider. My phone is now working fine. There is nothing wrong with our own WiFi as my other two Samsung tablets work fine, and myself and my partner run our virtual software businesses using the same WiFi, si I don't understand it. Also I've been unable to tag people on Facebook and LinkedIn on my phone, and this is now working. This also worked fine on my other devices. What could the issue be?
0 Likes
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
I've tried reinstalling the apps but it made no difference unfortunately. Thanks tho 😊
0 Likes
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
Hi Tess, I'm having the same problems again, even on the different WiFi network .
0 Likes
Sebas24
First Poster
Options

Im having the same problem here. Just bought an s20fe with factory settings and updated everything. I have apps like whatsapp and 9gag which wont work with wifi (9gag app keep trying to load new content like if it dont have internet conection and whatsapp cant load the backup on wifi) wheb wifi setting is turned off, it works on mobile data. The wifi is working fine like always, i can use it in other devices and the other day downloaded with torrent in this device ultra fast. So there is a clear issue with the s20fe.

Is there any fix?

0 Likes