Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smear on right side of screen - just below on/off button

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 11:43 AM)
Caulkhead
Apprentice
Options
I seem to have a permenant smear on my screen just below switch. No matter how often I clean it is still there. Had same problem with my S19.

Anyone else have this issue?
8 REPLIES 8
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes with my 1st Moto G in 2013 (very early gorilla glass had that issue where I used my left thumb to scroll the screen) but not since. Have you tried buffing it with a barely damp microfibre cloth?
Caulkhead
Apprentice
Options
Hi. Yes, I have. Wondered if the battery was in that area?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Not sure about your S20, in the old Moto G the battery was nowhere near the smudge. I know what you are thinking though about heat baking the skin oil into the screen glass
0 Likes
DNS9
Navigator
Options
S19?!
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If it has a pre applied screen protector, then it's just the adhesive. Unfortunately you'll need to replace it if that is the case.
0 Likes
Caulkhead
Apprentice
Options
S10! 😁
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Caulkhead: Bit of a long shot, but can you try heading to Settings > Display > Edge Panels > Handle, and use the up/down arrow to readjust the position, just to ensure that this isn't the source of the issue. If this isn't applicable, please dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles. Does the issue show up in any of these tests? 

0 Likes
Caulkhead
Apprentice
Options
Hi AndrewL. Tried both, to no avail. 😢
0 Likes