Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Suggestions taking up 60+ gb

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 11:05 PM)
mcsmr2
Apprentice
Options

Smart suggestions is completely sucking up all the space on my phone. Why on earth is it doing this and how do I stop that from happening? I've moved everything I can to my SD card and I have 2gb left out of a 128gb hard drive.

Screenshot_20220525-170228_Files by Google.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mcsmr2
Apprentice
Options

For anyone reading this, here's what ended up working for me. I had to re-enable the app and then delete the data before disabling it again. I'm not positive what effect the app actually has for me because I disabled it two months ago attempting to fix my issue, and I noticed no difference in my phone usage.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@mcsmr2: Can you try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Storage > Apps > Smart suggestions, to see if you're able to get a breakdown of the data stored in the app? If there is an 'i' symbol next to Apps, tap it, and allow usage tracking by following the steps in the pop up notification at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
mcsmr2
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL: Okay. That's turned on now. What do I do next? Also, this is a Samsung app, NOT one I chose to install on my phone. There is no option to remove data or clear the cache. It doesn't seem to have an effect on my battery, but my hard drive has no space left.

Screenshot_20220526-175202_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
mcsmr2
Apprentice
Options

For anyone reading this, here's what ended up working for me. I had to re-enable the app and then delete the data before disabling it again. I'm not positive what effect the app actually has for me because I disabled it two months ago attempting to fix my issue, and I noticed no difference in my phone usage.

0 Likes
Ciruits000
Journeyman
Options

Do you know what data was cleared. Inhale had the same problem for months and to scared to delete it.

0 Likes