Did you mean: 

Original topic:

sm-g988b/ds (LTE)

(Topic created on: 16/06/20 07:46)
mhdsuranga
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I purchased S 20 Ultra sm-g988b/ds (LTE), Samsung has announced all S20 Ultra have 5G options, but my phone shows upto LTE not 5G. my friends also purchased S20 Ultra from Dubai. it shows 5G option in network setting. Please let me know sm-g988b/ds (LTE) is only eligible for the LTE? or hardwear support 5G and firmwear not showing 5G ony LTE? I need exact answer. I watched some of Youtube video published by sm-g988b/ds (LTE) owners they says that this device support only LTE.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If you buy an lte device you will only be able to use lte at max. If you want to use 5g you need a 5g device, as well as a 5g data plan

0 Likes
mhdsuranga
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I heard that S20 Ultra firmware has not activated for 5G on South asia market, even though device hardware is capable for 5G. Is that true?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i do bkt know that. But it depends on the fact about having the 865 or the 990.

The 865 has a 5g modem in it however the 5g versione has the x60 external model activated. Whereas the exynos lte has no 5g modem

0 Likes
danitudi971
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello @mhdsuranga ,

you should ask for more information to Samsung support in the country where you bought the device.

They will give you for sure all the information you need about 5G compatibility for your device.

You can reach UAE support following this link.

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
:white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2021 - Il tuo quotidiano straordinario!
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
0 Likes