Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Slow wifi and mobile Data since android 11 update

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 08:21 PM)
sy78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I updated to android 11 one UI 3 yesterday and have noticed my WiFi and mobile data are considerably slower, before update wifi was around 390 mbps its now 170 to 200 mbps. Mobile data was around 80mbps on 4g its now around 20mbps.
I tried to clear cache but it won't boot into recovery I get an error of "pdp backup fail setup-wizard finish"
It's really annoying and noticeable is anyone else having issues? 
16 REPLIES 16
AlexJY
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hi mate, which app or site are you using for your speed checks as I know the speed depends on the nearest towers etc which within certain apps and sites you can check and select closer ones which your speeds can vary.
0 Likes
sy78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've tried fast.com, speedtest.net and the Google one I only get slight variations between them. I had the same thought about changing locations, even tried different times of day thinking it may be peak time slow down, but even at 3am it was saying the same.
0 Likes
GalaxyBuddy7
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm getting the exact same issue WiFi speed data speed allot slower and I cannot boot into recovery mode or download mode at all it just says PDP backup fail setup-wizzard finished.

0 Likes
BigDazzaT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Same here, issues with data speed on both WiFi and mobile data. Was fine on the Android 11 Beta but has been problematic since the stable release a few days ago.
0 Likes
woz140
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
My WiFi & mobile data speeds have also decreased, also struggling to get 5G. I also
had the problem of booting into recovery with the same message until I came across
a post on XDA forums that suggested booting into recovery whilst some USB-C headphones
plugged in? Not owning a pair I tried booting whilst plugged into the charger & success, hope it helps.
sy78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
putting the USB headphones did indeed get me into recovery mode, and I cleared the cache. cheers woz140!
it did not help with the speed though, I managed to try 5g today are only just managed 2.5mbps, 4g and wifi have stayed the same. I've also noticed some apps like chrome are freezing. So annoying that a bug like this has got through beta I really hope Samsung release a patch sooner rather than later to fix it. I was going to try a full factory reset but can't see it helping as it must be software related if many people are getting the same issue.
0 Likes
GalaxyBuddy7
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung NEED to fix this One UI 3.0 I've had non stop issues since updating and it getting worse appart from unable to get into recovery mode or download mode my phone is now freezing up and lagging I'm getting frame drops on games and the ram management is TERRIBLE worse update samsung thanks for breaking my galaxy s20

0 Likes
sy78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I spoke to customer service on chat and was told "my phone is settling in with the new software and this can take two weeks." I've had the s series since the S2 and never had to let the phone and software "settle in" it works or it does not.
I've also had the lag and freeze it really does not like 5G now it just won't make a data connection.
I am hoping the January software update makes the difference.
0 Likes
Members_evXWMy9
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue.  For some reason particularly bad when browsing with Chrome and Samsung's own browser frequently failing to connect - despite other apps - Mail, WhatsApp, Facebook - still working.  Hugely frustrating.

0 Likes