Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of Status Bar

(Topic created on: 19-03-2020 09:31 AM)
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi - I know its because I am getting older but I am unable to read the information in the status bar at the top of the diaplay. Shows time but of greater interest the signal information on the top RHS.

It would be lovely, for thoes of us who need it, if there was an option to make the inforamtion shown in this bar larger.

Making it double size shiould do nicely.

With such a big screen the extra few mm lost at the very top would not cause me any issues.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Mark44
Explorer
Options

Easy mode used to do this  but it's working on mine

Mark44
Explorer
Options

Material status  bar  in play store

Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi Mark44 - very kind of you to suggest an App. Being mean, I know, but I would like Samsung to build this in as an option

Solution
Mark44
Explorer
Options

Defo mate,have you tried easy mode,settings, display

0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Hi Mark44 - Thanks for the suggestion. I am happy with things as they are in standard mode, just wanted to find a way to make the information shown in the status bar at the top larger. Would be good if Samsung allowed us to choose the font size we wanted. About twice the current size would be good for me. I know I will loose a bit of the screen in doing this but on the S20 Ultra there is plenty of screen 🙂
Heartrem
Journeyman
Options
I agree completely
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@Weatherman wrote:
Hi Mark44 - Thanks for the suggestion. I am happy with things as they are in standard mode, just wanted to find a way to make the information shown in the status bar at the top larger. Would be good if Samsung allowed us to choose the font size we wanted. About twice the current size would be good for me. I know I will loose a bit of the screen in doing this but on the S20 Ultra there is plenty of screen 🙂

Settings>accessibility>visibility enhancements>screen zoom or font size and style.

Hope this helps

rtodd
Student
Options

Try triple tap magnification under visibility enhancements 

Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi rtodd , thank you for your suggestion. Will Triple Magnification only make the status bar larger or will it make everything bigger? I would like to make only the status bar larger, twice the size would be fine.