Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sim card stopped registering after November update

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 09:35 PM)
Caine_451
Apprentice
Options

My Note20 stopped being able to see the sim in the phone after the November 2022 update.  Any one else run into this.   I have seen several other cases of this happening during updates in other patches, but not this one specifically.  I have tried multiple sims form my service provider and is seems that the cards are just not being read correctly, or sporadically, as I will receive some text messages (Samsung customer support validation) and then all service cuts out.  

This is exceedingly frustrating as the suggestion i have now heard twice from support was to upgrade the phone. As the Note isn't made there really isn't an upgrade for it, and that isn't really an acceptable answer.

I have tried:

safe mode :  no change

two button reset : worked once for a couple of hours after that.

Haven't tried a full reset of the software as of yet.

Any suggestions out there as this doesn't look like a third party issue but a core os issue after the patch. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Caine_451
Apprentice
Options

Soooooo.. this was an interesting fix to the issue.  After trying a whole host of possilbe fixes I resigned my self to not figuring it out and getting a replacement phone.  In the mean time I needed calls and texts to work.  

I was able to make and receive calls over wifi calling and was able to receive but not send texts over wifi calling.  So I thought maybe it is because i never completed my 911 setup....

I added my address to the 911 set up for wifi calling.. rebooted.... and lo and behold the sim card began working.  With no problems.... 

So apparently the wifi calling profile for a user must be complete and functional for the basic sim card to function?!?! Because... validation checks? 

Any how if you run into this problem it maybe one more thing that you can check.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Caine_451
Apprentice
Options

Ohhh and airplane mode seems to be perpetually stuck in some strange half state.

0 Likes
Solution
Caine_451
Apprentice
Options

Soooooo.. this was an interesting fix to the issue.  After trying a whole host of possilbe fixes I resigned my self to not figuring it out and getting a replacement phone.  In the mean time I needed calls and texts to work.  

I was able to make and receive calls over wifi calling and was able to receive but not send texts over wifi calling.  So I thought maybe it is because i never completed my 911 setup....

I added my address to the 911 set up for wifi calling.. rebooted.... and lo and behold the sim card began working.  With no problems.... 

So apparently the wifi calling profile for a user must be complete and functional for the basic sim card to function?!?! Because... validation checks? 

Any how if you run into this problem it maybe one more thing that you can check.

0 Likes