Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get the s21 ultra from the s20 ultra?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 12:02 AM)
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
How different is the camera compared to the s20 ultra. Is there a big difference?

How do you cope without an sd card? Right now I have the s20 ultra with an sd card and I can't imagine having a phone without external storage! 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Kris G
Voyager
Options

Apple is just good at escaping lawsuit, that's all.
Let's say in order to make their device work somehow normal they almost murdered the batteries, like i said  'it's not a bug, it is a feature' . Everything can be seen from a different angle, if you choose to believe that the ppl who do everything for money tell you the truth only, then you probably go vote too in hope the gov makes something better for the citizens. This is beyond placebo, this is lying to yourself.

....and it is a pure coincidence those updates came with the release of a new phone.Yea, right.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's not a question of choosing, it's actually a responsibility. If they decide to let their devices continue as is and somewhere down the line it explodes in a customers face, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be worse for their pr than some disgruntled users. I don't believe Apple have good intentions all the time for their customers but in the same token I don't believe their actions are always aimed to disenfranchise them as well.

New phones are pretty much half year to yearly, it's not really any coincidence an update which addresses certain issues coincide with a new release phone, especially in the Apple ecosystem. Just like Google, when they decide to release a new phone, pretty much a new android iteration is released. Why do you find this surprising?

The problem you have is you see a lot of negativity about Apple and whilst I agree they are downright unscrupulous in many ways, if one thing remains true is that they have a strong reputation for long lasting devices. If they claim that they intentionally reduce performance to devices with batteries showing weakness, this does fit well. It was also substantiated in that article you linked whereby when the battery was replaced, performance went right back up, so where's the conspiracy here? I'm not naive but that goes both ways, I don't believe every excuse corporations give us but I don't go jumping down a rabbit hole when belief is the only evidence you have.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

Except when google releases a new phone with a new android version, it doesn't affect the older phones.
The issue these days are updates or no updates to the older devices, causing problems.

And you still don't get it, if the battery exploding was an issue, then they launched the phones knowing they will explode if not updated. They sold their customers grenades without the pin and told them to hold them tight.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
No you don't get it. The issue isn't knowing they would explode (that's an exaggerated scenario by me by the way) its the fact that components do wear down, especially lithium batteries. The thing is, I actually believe all (responsible) companies do this in practice and should. The likely scenario in the case of a failing battery would probably result in board or cpu damage, in any case a less welcome outcome to the user than a slightly diminished performance. Anyone who's used to using computers knows all too well how catastrophic a failing PSU can be to components.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

yes most of the manufacturers provide a battery optimization right from the start, not after 1 year when they release a new phone 🤣
and a failing battery would be a reason to file a lawsuit, like i said, Apple is good at escaping lawsuits

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes