Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get the s21 ultra from the s20 ultra?

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 01:03 AM)
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
How different is the camera compared to the s20 ultra. Is there a big difference?

How do you cope without an sd card? Right now I have the s20 ultra with an sd card and I can't imagine having a phone without external storage! 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi have a look at these videos.

https://youtu.be/Rfyn4d3NH7o

https://youtu.be/9PfGijQfJk0

Also for me coming from the s10 with the micro sd card it isn't a factor if you purchase a micro sd card adapter.
Screenshot_20210407-062433_58.png
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Was going to but had a mess about with 1 in the shop and used a friend's for a few hours and I'd personally stick with the S20 and wait for the S22
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Depending on your budget, I think the S21 has a significant advantage over the S20, the biggest being battery life. Whether you use it a lot or casually, you'll find the S21 will outlast the S20 almost 2x over in my experience and thats using a higher resolution on the S21.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

one could assume that the battery usage on the S20 series will not improve as Samsung want to sell S21 series.
That being said, it is the software that needs to be fixed.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not really, I owned both on launch and the S20 Ultra has always had an inferior battery life to the S21 Ultra. The chipset is just much more efficient, the screen is a vastly more power efficient one too as well as utilising an adaptive refresh rate over the S20 Ultra. These are not software deficiencies, just hardware improvements in the S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

old Huawei phones got few years ago an update that made the batter last much longer,
it is the software, you can always optimize it to the hardware, but that would not make ppl buy S21 series, bcoz why?

Sorry, but for me it seems that Samsung does what Apple did, until Apple got sued for making their devices slow , so that ppl would buy new ones. In this case bad updates and stuff that is not working makes ppl go for the new phone instead.
otherwise i would think that Samsung programmers have both left hands....so how come they made S21 better? (if it is better, idk i don't own S21, but i got S20Ultra)

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The hardware is better in the S21 Ultra, that's a fact and has been thoroughly researched by technical sites. Software efficiency will get you so far, but it cannot overcome hardware limitations. Believe what you want about how Samsung operate, but I personally don't subscribe to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

Nothing is slow about my S20 Ultra, so I don't follow your views on that front. My S20 Ultra runs and feels just as smooth as when I first got the phone over a year ago. Funny thing is, the S20 Ultra is actually more updated than the S21 Ultra today, go figure. Not looking so good for your conspiracy theories...
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

'it's not a bug, it is a feature' 😅😅😅

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51413724

update that slows down your device, or no updates that may cause problems in the future leads to the same outcome = user not satisfied with the old device, forced to buy new one $$$.

Call it what you want, i can see a pattern.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you actually read the article (and I already know about this) the practice wasn't to slow down your device, it was to preserve longevity. Naturally pessimists would view this as a forced obsolescence but in practice its responsible natured and thus helps prevents catastrophic situations like exploding batteries?

Read it as you want but that actually shows Apple being responsible. Like it says, once batteries were replaced, performance went right back up. Doesn't sound to me like some deeply nefarious upgrade scheme.

In this situation I'd rather a slower but functioning device than a greater possibility of a dead one.
0 Likes