Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting notification to priority

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 10:55 AM)
owned13199
First Poster
Options

How can I set notifications to priority such that they will make my phone ring when I use the "do not disturbe" mode? If i hold the notifications the option doesn't appear

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can put the contact in to the exceptions list in do not disturb, also with dnd if the person calls your twice you one after another it will bypass the dnd and ring
0 Likes
owned13199
First Poster
Options

Thank you but this may work for contacts (you mean set them as preferred contacts right?), what to do for app notifications? So samsung disabled the priority system?

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry I thought you wanted for contacts to call you, if you want notifications I think only way is to turn off DND

I don't know of a priority system, someone else may know though

Update: I googled it, apparently there is a priority in game booster for playing games
0 Likes
owned13199
First Poster
Options

I'm talking about this stuff: https://www.guidingtech.com/how-to-set-conversations-priority-in-android/

owned13199_0-1665412788388.png

But when I long press the notification I have only two options, default, or silenced, no priority

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I have the s20 ultra and I have do not disturb on from 9PM to 8am and I have favourites to get through straight away but if someone calls you who is not on the favourites if they call 2 times with in a certain time they will get through and your phone will ring
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can't say I have seen it before
0 Likes
owned13199
First Poster
Options

 i have only this one conversation listed here in notifications>advanced options>conversartion, so it's possible. I only dont know how to reach this options

Screenshot_20221010-223037_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK I think I have found it, the options are in notification for each app, but don't see it on every app

For whatsapp, settings, notifications, use high priority notifications

Tell me if it works?

Oops you must allow for priority notifications in DND under messagesScreenshot_20221010-214643_WhatsApp.jpg
0 Likes
owned13199
First Poster
Options

My issue is precisely that i'm not able to set the notifications to priority except that conversation that I've posted If I keep a notification pressed I get this kind of options (telegram)

Screenshot_20221011-081133_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes