Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card no data

(Topic created on: 16-08-2021 10:47 AM)
Me166
First Poster
Options
I received an sd card which should've contained a video recorded from a dashcam. I inserted the SD card into my S20 FE but there doesn't appear to be any data on there, only what appear to be android files/folders. Would the phone have formatted the card without permission? Thanks
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Me166
First Poster
Options
These are the folders that I can view when I access the SD card.20210815_202540_2954.jpg
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
These folders on the screenshot are not what I'd expect to see from a dashcam. I can only assume that, when you inserted this card into your phone, the phone wrote its own settings, to allow the card to function on your phone. Carefully check each individual folder first, to see if the file has become a subfolder of, perhaps, data. If none of the folders has the file(s) you are searching for, try running the card through recovery software on a computer, but for goodness sake, please DO NOT ATTEMPT to write any more data to the card, before you have attempted to recover any 'lost' folders/files!!
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Me166 ,Hi, try again to record video with Dashcam and this time check directly on PC. It could be that Dashcam is not recording for some reason. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
I have a tomtom dash cam and 2 watch on the phone or pc you need to go to the make and download their software to watch it that's what I had to do hope it helps
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
The Dcim folder usually holds films and photos.
0 Likes