Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screenshot toolbar is unreliable/glitchy

(Topic created on: 25-01-2022 06:20 PM)
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
This has been an issue on all my Samsung devices with screenshot toolbars. Including my current S20, for the past year.

The toolbar behaves unpredictably:
  • Sometimes it takes 10 seconds to appear after a screenshot. Then it instantly closes, meaning I can't press the Crop button as I only had 0.1 seconds to tap it. 
  • Other times it appears, but doesn't respond to me tapping it. Then it closes, and I have to screenshot again. 
  • Or it takes ages to appear, but then functions fine. I have time to hit Crop
  • If I'm lucky, it works like normal. 
  • In all cases, if I screenshot a second time, it works fine. It's just annoying to deal with.
Is there any cause for this? Or a fix? 
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and that should solve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition S20' and you should find what you are looking for 😎. Hope this helps! 😁
0 Likes
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, but I can't get to recovery mode? I hold power and vol+, it shows the Samsung/Android logo, then vibrates? Then it boots into Android lockscreen normally. Though I get a grey message saying "TDP - Backup failed, setup wizard complete". Not sure if that's related. I'm not rooted
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Connect your phone to a laptop/PC and then, repeat the steps involved to boot into recovery mode. Hopefully, that should work! 😎
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
No way, that fixed it! I haven't had the issue since. I thought it'd never go away. Thanks!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! If my tip was helpful, could you please click the three dots on my comments and select 'accept solution'?. Thanks! 😊