Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps rotating out of full screen

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 03:37 PM)
Cclo
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

I've recently installed the latest update for my Samsung galaxy s20 fe. I'm not sure if it's related, but since yesterday my phone seems to rotate itself out of full screen. For example, YouTube will go from full screen back to portrait mode, if I'm watching netflix then whatever I'm watching will simply switch off and go back to my watch list.

My screen also glitches every now and again in portrait mode, where the screen flashes and pauses for a millisecond. I've tried turning off auto-rotation, tried locking my screen whilst in netflix and tried switching on landscape mode in my settings and nothing has worked, so not sure if it's necessarily a rotation issue and seems to be a problem with the phone rather than the individual apps.

Has anyone else recently come across a similar problem and have any advice? 

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33
Lemnblosm
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue after last update. Called customer support 3 times they keep insisting on a factory reset which I refuse to do. Found on reddit that if you go to Settings > Apps > Messages and turn off 'appear on top' it stops the screen rotation/glitching. Worked for me, hope this helps. (keyboard still occasionally glitches in messages app only, but much more tolerable than dealing with the constant screen rotation) 

davorzzz
First Poster
Options

I had literally the same problem, in any fullscreen application the phone rotates for no reason, also when I enter a game that is forced to be in fullscreen mode the phone gets confused and flips the screen to the other side for a second and returns to "normal". Also, the keyboard sometimes restarts for a second. All this has been happening since the last software update. What you wrote helped me more than Samsung support which is very unprofessional (they just tell me to do a factory reset and back up the files, I know that without them telling me). Thank you very much bro.

0 Likes
Hiperborean
Student
Options

It did work for me. Thanks a lot.

Hiperborean
Student
Options

go to Settings > Apps > Messages and turn off 'appear on top

H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
So the solution was finally found and it works! Go to Settings->Apps->tap the three vertical dots on top right corner->special access->appear on top. And here disable all applications. It works and so far I have not experienced any issues with the Phone. It could be that the problem was caused by one application, but I disabled all. Please let know if it worked for you as well! Cheers
0 Likes
H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
So the solution was finally found and it works! Go to Settings->Apps->tap the three vertical dots on top right corner->special access->appear on top. And here disable all applications. It works and so far I have not experienced any issues with the Phone. It could be that the problem was caused by one application, but I disabled all. Please let know if it worked for you as well! Cheers
0 Likes
Ajay1981
Student
Options

Has worked for me as well. Been four days since I changed the settings, haven't come across the issue. 

0 Likes
Members_P9qGlZY
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with my S10E

0 Likes
Members_P9qGlZY
First Poster
Options

Worked for me too. Many thanks 

0 Likes
Members_eCM9wpn
Apprentice
Options

I had this problem with my note 10+5g after last update. After checking online I found no answer so I put it down to the fact that the phone was 3 years old and the accelerometer had become faulty. I'm now writing this on my note20+5g which after 3 weeks of use has now developed the same anoying habit. I cant watch Netflix or other video services because the phone rotates out of landscape and resets apps back to video menus. 

0 Likes