Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps rotating out of full screen

(Topic created on: 18-10-2021 01:30 AM)
Cclo
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

I've recently installed the latest update for my Samsung galaxy s20 fe. I'm not sure if it's related, but since yesterday my phone seems to rotate itself out of full screen. For example, YouTube will go from full screen back to portrait mode, if I'm watching netflix then whatever I'm watching will simply switch off and go back to my watch list.

My screen also glitches every now and again in portrait mode, where the screen flashes and pauses for a millisecond. I've tried turning off auto-rotation, tried locking my screen whilst in netflix and tried switching on landscape mode in my settings and nothing has worked, so not sure if it's necessarily a rotation issue and seems to be a problem with the phone rather than the individual apps.

Has anyone else recently come across a similar problem and have any advice? 

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33
Gaurav1
First Poster
Options

I am having same issue on my phone as well. Video stops working or switch to portrait mode on YouTube. Observed that screen flickering issue as well. This is just after 1 day of use.

Need some support from Samsung

Cclo
Apprentice
Options
Hiya, I called the tech support team earlier. They were really helpful, connected to my phone remotely and reset my apps and all seems to be working OK now. I'd definitely recommend you give them a call 👍
0 Likes
DaviCosta
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I'm having the same issue. Did you figure out what is it or how to fix it? Thanks!

valevoorhees
Student
Options

im having exactly the same issues due to an update. did you manage to fix this?

Cclo
Apprentice
Options
I called the tech support team, who accessed my phone remotely and were able to fix it for me. I really recommend giving them a call, they were a great help!
0 Likes
Ajay1981
Student
Options

I've been having the same issue after the recent update..

0 Likes
valevoorhees
Student
Options
Went online chat on sunday, they requested me to do a hard reset. Told them no and i wanted someone from tech support team to speak to. They arranged a callback for 9am monday. Thay never called until 4 45pm monday afternoon then instead of my number they called my wife. They said they would call me at 9am today. They called me at 10am and didnt have a clue how to fix it! Absolutely appalled by support
0 Likes
H4RFY
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issue. Bloody frustrating. I've tried removing the phone case to make sure that's not the issue but to no avail. Come on Samsung get it sorted ASAP!!!
Members_d9vzy8M
First Poster
Options

Same issue from today. Keeps rotating out of full screen mode in various video playing apps. Very annoying.