Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen jumps and skips while typing

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 10:28 PM)
Danyboy20
Student
Options
my s20 ultra jumping, skipping and deleting text when typing in messages, WhatsApp and notes. Sometimes when am trying to type in notes,batter 4 lines the previous text gets deleted and the cursor moves to a random place while all tge wile tge screen jumps.
7 REPLIES 7
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Danyboy20! Check that your software is up to date by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install. 

0 Likes
Danyboy20
Student
Options
Did that and has been using the latest one ui
0 Likes
Anhub
First Poster
Options

After downloading the latest software update, my S21 android phone's cursor kept jumping around. It totally frustrated me. I finally set my keyboard to Italian language and it doesn't jump around anymore. The Italian keyboard is similar to the English keyboard. Wow what an easy fix!!

danx55
Voyager
Options
hi.
i get similar on my 21fe.... same issue with all keyboards
....its like the screen doesn't detect the full finger swipe ...odd
0 Likes
Trev2727
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix? Exact same is happening to me.

Cheers

0 Likes
RicardoMeyer
First Poster
Options

Try this:

Under Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings (on top, it will read Samsung Keyboard) >  Reset to default settings > Reset keyboard settings

This took care of my A52 5G during the second last install.  Now, January 23, 2023, I got another install and the same story repeated. I know, this is very frustrating and annoying.   Now, if you think positive, you just found the solution to this and also likely to your emojis not showing up when they should.  Have a blessed day and see if you can help someone else with this knowledge.  I hope this does not create any issues with your already existing settings.  I suppose this may be an insignificant price to pay in the name of sanity.

0 Likes
CushtyK
First Poster
Options
Hi, this fix for the page jumping when editing, deleting or adding text took me ages to identify but I have managed to sort the issue on my S23 so hopefully this will help someone else. The problem is that the Samsung supported writing assistant, usually Grammarly is the bug that's causing the issue. This is how I fixed mine;
Settings
Language and keyboard
Select 3rd party content to use
Switch off Grammarly writing assistant
Then;
Still in general management setting
Select manage language and keyboard
Select Samsung keyboard settings
Select suggest text and corrections
Select manage apps
Turn off all apps in which the page jumps whilst editing or deleting text
Good luck