Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 08:50 PM)
Liamp972
Journeyman
Options
Is screen burns normal? I notice a pink line going across my screen I've looked after my phone really well so I belive it's down to the phone. Is this covered on warranty?
15 REPLIES 15
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
When u say pink line do u mean a bright red line or a dull one

Burn in is common but I don't belive it's covered by warranty I might be wrong

The way u described it this sounds like dead pixels not burn in
0 Likes
Liamp972
Journeyman
Options
It's a dull one can only really see it on white screen and if I turn my phone to different angles
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Liamp972: If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles, can you see the line in any of these tests? 

0 Likes
Liamp972
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I can still see it on all colours
0 Likes
Liamp972
Journeyman
Options
Didn't realise I could add pictures but that's what it looks like

received_306472987501112_46523.jpg

received_778937529426732_46521.jpg

received_1392042197811739_46524.jpg

received_272280994389235_46522.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Liamp972: If the issue is visible in the screen tests, and if you're concerned, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, or on Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to look at this further for you, and arrange any necessary repairs. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Screen burns for consumers, have a higher chance of happening if your screen timeout is set to a long time period. I never go longer than 2 mins for my display time out.

This is why screen burns are very common on live demo devices on shop floor marketing displays... they are always on all the time.

I can only go off my experiences.
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

hmm, this is more or less when the bottom edge of the battery is....or the fingerprint scanner, which happens to be ultrasonic, maybe one of those things fried the screen,
and you don't remember it getting too hot? throwing it against a wall or driving over with a car?

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Liamp972
Journeyman
Options
If that is the case would it be sorted with samsung for free?
0 Likes