Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen burn in

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 11:15 PM)
ryderrr
First Poster
Options
Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew how to fix screen burn in? I had a big issue with it on my s9 now my s20 is starting to get it, so if any of you know it will be appreciated 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Well. If you have navigation buttons on then switch them off and use gestures instead, the nav buttons are a big burn in risk, next, don't use youtube in portait mode as this burns in.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can't fix burn in, the screen needs to be replaced.

The main contributors to burn in, are temperature, screen brightness, and lack of pixel refresh.
So, don't let the device get too hot, such as using it in the sun, as a common occurrence is burn in of the keyboard from texting on a hot day in the sun. This goes hand in hand with screen brightness.
And finally pixel refresh, if the pixel has been on for a long time, it may cause burn in. Examples are things like the clock at the top of the screen, which is generally always there, and if you use on screen navigation buttons, then those too.
With the Always On Display, i know there is a work around to this, where it actually shifts the clock around by a few pixels every now and then to avoid using the same ones excessively.

Just something to think about.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have a word with Samsung Customer services or wait until the Samsung Service Centres / Samsung Experience Stores open so they can take a look and advise @ryderrr 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

interesting, had quite few phones with OLED , and none of them had such issues

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not common, I've only had it happen once, on my S3, I was texting whilst it was on charge and brightness was high, and that entire text conversation and the keyboard was burned onto the screen permanently. Its still there to this day.
But i haven't had it happen to any of my other devices, other Galaxy S and Note models. I learned my lesson.
Kris G
Voyager
Options

hmm, maybe that is the reason even in dark mode, the google maps is brighter on my other phones compare to S20Ultra, but at the same time, the camera app at night or low light conditions, boosts screen brightness to some 50% blinding me;
this makes no sense, also making the screen unreadable when sun shines on 🤨👎
yea, the adaptive brightness gets stuck once a while, and won't readjust until i restart the phone;
and that part of the brightness setting on the bar that is red, hmm, does that kill the screen? i have never seen anything like that before

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't use the adaptive, i adjust it manually, i never need it higher than 50-60% unless there's glare on screen, or watching something in HDR.
It takes some getting used to, as i used to always have max brightness on my S3, then sticking to 50% feels dim for a while until you get used to it.
Romster
Explorer
Options

on the subject of screen burn  I'm interested to know if turning on the always on display on or dark mode my s20 FE +5G could cause it on my phone?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It shouldn't because with Always On Display what is displayed moves periodically. 

Dark Mode shouldn't either.

Screen Burn can occur if what is displayed is shown on the screen for an unusual length of time i.e a fixed image  @Romster 

https://www.androidauthority.com/screen-burn-in. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "