Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 09:08 AM)
dannmatmum
First Poster
Options
I down loaded a update on my phone yesterday...today I get scan emails and tx from my bank any one think they may be connected is it possible to remove an update thnx
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can't remove updates after they applied as far as I know
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Wipe the cache, reboot and see if it happens.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@dannmatmum  cannot roll back firmware by official means.  As long as it was  a genuine Samsung update unlikely to be  linked.  Texts can be reported to your  provider via the number 7726 (spells spam) and reported to texts/emails can be reported to the  National cyber security centre.https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/phishing-scams 

However may be an idea to wipe the cache partition which deletes temporary files by following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes