Did you mean: 

Original topic:

samsung update has now lost my WiFi calling

(Topic created on: 23/02/21 23:22)
Lauren80
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Samsung done a update on my s20 5g and now wifi calling has gone missing, can anyone help ?
28 REPLIES 28
Lauren80
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
BTW the factory reset still kept the update on the s20 and is working fine now
0 Likes
Marmer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My s20 updated on 20/12 and the wifi calling has completely disappeared. Went to an o2 shop and was told I'd have to bear with it until a rectifying update comes out

0 Likes
LG2888
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
To check if your phone’s running O2 firmware, dial *#1234# and look at the CSC entry. If this line includes ‘TEF’, ‘O2U’ or ‘OTF’ then your device has O2 firmware and you can set up Wifi and 4G Calling.
If the CSC doesn't include one of these codes then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now.

I have the S20 and I have do not have the TEF O2U or OTF showing on the CSC line. This is really frustrating as I had WiFi calling prior to the update now I don't. my signal is shocking in my apartment now I have no signal. Sort it out O2!
Newstead
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mine doesn't have those codes but is a UK s20 5g with an O2 monthly contract sim card. Wifi calling is working fine.

I did have a problem a couple of weeks back when it disappeared and the setting was unavailable. After a web search I discovered something that worked for me:

Restart the phone and VERY QUICKLY go to the phone app, settings and the wifi calling setting may be there. Turn it on. 

If you are too slow the setting does not show. It took me a couple of goes but it did work.

0 Likes
Duvlin
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have now tried everything on here and still nothing.  I did go for the heartache option of factory reset and have spent the day getting most things back working but still no WIFI calling.  When you are somewhere with no signal its awful to try and reset and end up worse off.  Any other suggestions greatly received. 

0 Likes
Lauren80
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have this problem a lot, I have to completely wipe my network settings, turn the phone off and back on again and this works for me after about 3 attemps
0 Likes
Newstead
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

In the end I had to wait for a new Samsung update. We may have another one soon.

Start the update process and when the phone powers off, take out the Sim card. After the restart, wait for the update to complete, then insert the sim card. WiFi settings returned for me and have survived several restarts.

I guess I'll have to do the same at the next update but once a month is OK. 

0 Likes
Newstead
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just did the latest Samsung update with the Sim card removal process as described in my earlier post.

Worked fine, WiFi Calling returned a few seconds after replacing the Sim. 

0 Likes
micks2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Don't really understand what they think they've achieved by doing this.
0 Likes