Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung update 10/10/22

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 10:46 AM)
Nophoneinporto
First Poster
Options
Anyone else's phone unable to read its sim since the last update? It has caused me no end of trouble in my life for various reasons, just before I flew on holiday😡
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mine has been fine since my last update.

It reads both sim cards.

Does the sim card work in another phone ok ?

Have you managed to resolve this ?

I.e 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nophoneinporto
First Poster
Options
I will try another phone now I'm back, but this happened just hours before flying abroad - the worst timing possible! Also caused lots of stress with airport transfers, resulting in the loss of half my duty free belongings. Really not happy or impressed. Never happened with iPhones owned for for years.
0 Likes
adamiw
First Poster
Options

Yes, having this exact issue with my A52s 5g.

The same thing happened earlier this year but was fixed with simply removing and putting back in the SIM. 

Not so easy this time however. 

I have tried the SIM in another device and is working fine. I have also tried the A52s SIM 2 slot and have the same issue. 

I tried resetting network connections as well as all the standard steps (except factory reset) for this kind of problem with no joy.

I did find a reddit thread with someone who had same problem following an update earlier this year (likely the same one I quickly resolved). They said they took their device (a52) to a Samsung service centre where they replaced the motherboard, which fixed the issue.

With this in mind - and as my phone is under warranty - I have booked an appointment at a Samsung Experience Store in Central London. It's not until end of the month so I'm hoping some kind of patch will be released before then.

Please do update us if you are able to find a solution, I will do so likewise. 

0 Likes