Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s20fe5

(Topic created on: 30-12-2022 09:53 PM)
volina88
First Poster
Options
Is it just me , the 5g coverage is absolutely terrible, I use to have a p10 lite with far better coverage than this Samsung S20 FE 5G, I struggle with Internet coverage in Streatham West Croydon, Coulsdon and more , I am so disappointed in this piece of dung, £1000 + , I feel betrayed by Samsung 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @volina88 

I find that 5G can be patchy sometimes due to it still being pretty new in most network's infrastructure. 

One has to be near a 5G module and other conditions such as weather etc needs to be optimal too.

How's connection on 4G / 4G+ etc ?

I ended up turning off 5G due to the way it is a resource hungry connection on the phone's battery ,and I really don't need to download large files faster.

Apart from carrier aggregation and 5G I find that 5G does not vastly improve surfing speeds.

That said I appreciate for you 5G appears to be important and there is some merit in the thought that some phone's can sometimes connect better than others.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

F1rust
Navigator
Options
Yes, I also find 5G atrocious and have now switched to 4G as it is more reliable and does not drain the battery constantly trying to find the network.
ohwell
Journeyman
Options
I have a 22 ultra I can be sat next to my wife on her iPhone with a signal and my Ultra no signal we are both on the 3 network 🤔