Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20FE USB/charging problem

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 09:55 AM)
Members_jkxQFoW
First Poster
Options

My wife's S20 FE wasn't able to charge it via USB connection. Charged daily earlier, but once stopped to charging. After it, I can't used USB port on it.

Tried to connect to a PC to download data from it, and having issues as well. From 10 tryings, 6 times it doesn't recognized it. 4 times it recognized, started Smartswitch to download the data but connecion lost after a few sec. 

Now it could be charged via wireless charger. 

Do you have any suggestion to avoid the service?

Does it have any solution for connect and download the data "on the air", like wifi?

Naturally tried restart, refresh software, changed cables etc...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Members_jkxQFoW ,

as per the information shared here it seems that the phone port is not working as it should. You can transfer your data using a Cloud storage app as OneDrive or Google Drive.

If you would like to get this fixed, and you are based in the UK, you can arrange this from here: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

For other countries use this link: SAMSUNG | Samsung UK

MGLeon
Navigator
Options
Try cleaning the port first with a tooth pick
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Of course a toothpick could damage the port if you're not very careful. 😉

Official Samsung advice on cleaning the charging port is here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-phone-is-not-charging/ 

"Clean the charging port

One of the most common causes of charging problems is dirt, dust, or debris building up in the charging port. This can prevent the cable from engaging properly with the charging contacts in the port, causing charging problems.

Follow the steps below to clean your charging port:

1. Power off your device

2. Shine a torch into the charging port and look inside. If you can see dust or dirt, especially if it is covering the metal charging contacts, the charging port needs cleaning

3. Try gently blowing into the charging port to remove dust and debris

Please note: do not insert any object into the charging port. This can result in damage to the charging port.

4. If the charging port is still clogged, take it to a professional to be cleaned"
0 Likes
meteoron
Apprentice
Options
I have similar issues. It starts charging for ~ 30 secs and then stops randomly
0 Likes
katy4401
First Poster
Options
If cleaning doesn't work . I have found that In USB settings you have to change it to 'this device ' and hey Presto it now charges! Annoyingly I have to do this every time I charge it !!!!!
0 Likes