Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s20 ultra screen cracks way to easy

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 07:53 PM)
mklemetsen
First Poster
Options

I have not had my phone long at all. I am 44 and never cracked a screen in my life. I have went through 2 screens in just a couple of months. I had screen protectors and glass protectors on both times. Its very expensive to fix. There are lots of people complaining of this problem online. 

10 REPLIES 10
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I must admit that I'm quite clumsy myself and I have definitely dropped my phone quite a few times (with a case of course) but the phone is fully intact. 

Of course it's always sad to hear that a screen breaks and I would always advice a good case (especially with phones that are not from plastic) but to say that the phone is extremely vulnerable compared to other products is unfair in my eyes. But that is of course based on my personal experiences with the S20 Ultra :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Moomin8
Apprentice
Options
Which case would you recommend please?
0 Likes
Kaloyanzlatev
First Poster
Options

Really dissapointed with the strength of the displays. Had my S20 Ultra in a Spigen case and screen protector and it fell off my pocket while sitting, yet connected to the earphones. It hanged on the earphones cable and dropped on the floor no more than 15 cm and it cracked. That's silly really!

Diburga
First Poster
Options

I barely had my S20 phone.  I was doing my due diligence, had just bought the Otterbox case and was diligently applying the screen protector to the screen with the cardboard squeegee and the screen broke. Unbelievable.  Not even dropped.  Looks like others are having the same issue with a poor screen.

0 Likes
Aromanf
Student
Options

Agreed. 

I work in construction this phone has fell from a 2ft height and broke hitting a concrete floor. I've broken this phone about 5 times already. My insurance will not cover it anymore. This phone is more of a liability. I don't understand why the glass is advertised as the best glass when it breaks so easily. Even with a case it shouldn't break that easily. It almost feels like the more they cost the easier they are to break when it shouldn't be the case.

STEPHIEP76
Apprentice
Options

I'm so sick of this!!! I've had my s20 fir 11 months and this is the THIRD craked screen.  I had a note 8 for 3 years and NEVER EVEN HAD A SCRATCH.   freaking $270 every time we have to replace the s20 screen ... I will NEVER again buy a samsung.  this phone has been a huge financial burden and I'm pissed that I'm stuck with it 

Shethang81
First Poster
Options

My galaxy s20 note ultra phone cracked after a 2 ft drop into carpet. So did my boyfriend's. He got his replaced and just literally watched the phone crack across the screen while watching YouTube. No drop. No nothing.... Like majic... So with is wrong with these phones? I have bought every samsung galaxy and note since the Samsung 3. Thinking about going elsewhere after dealing with these. Had similar problems out of the galaxy 7s I bought for the whole family. I will probably not be getting the next one.

Graham112
First Poster
Options

I agree. I had the s20+ 5g. The screen scratched in my pocket. Got the screen replaced for €340. Then I got a beefy case and a screen protector. I dropped it onto carpet while I was lying on the couch. Cracked... That phone cost me €1200+.

Had my S21 2 days. Made sure to buy with screen protector and case. Fingerprint recognition even without screen protector is an issue but thats for another  post. It cracked, like magic, whilst fast charging. I know this issue is all over the internet but samsung should pony up and replace the screens for people. You have charged people a fortune for phones and are making them pay another fortune - many times, to get it fixed.

Fix your screens and look after your customers. 

0 Likes
Schrotz
First Poster
Options

It's actually funny I stumbled my here.. I'm sure by now Samsung know theres the s20 ultra screen is trash.. I've also replaced 2 screens which for no reason at all hairline cracks appeared on the curved glass. Along with hundreds if not every s20 user yet were the ones paying for your flaw. Actually refreshing the curved screen was dtiched for the s21 and s22.. I wonder why? Not sure I'll be upgrading to another Samsung though $3k phone $1k for screens and more for screen protectors. 

0 Likes