01-08-2020 06:03 PM in
Before the july update I was using Google maps constantly for 10 hours a day at work and finishing my day with around 10% battery since the update I have to charge the phone at 12pm or else its dead how can a update cause almost a 50% faster battery drain?
01-08-2020 07:32 PM in
It shouldn't @Andy931
It's possible another app is using more battery now or one isn't as optimised as it could be.
Unfortunately battery drain / usage / screen on time is a subjective topic as we all use different apps, different preferences when setting up the phone to suit or wants and needs and have different signal strengths.
Is anything showing in your battery stats in device care ?
What I would suggest to look at is....
1. Is all your apps updated.
2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables downloaded apps but leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.
3. Clear the system file cache by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.
4. As a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.
5. A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic.
🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert. 🌈
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "
01-08-2020 10:28 PM in
Thanks for the reply I can confirm nothing else had changed same apps was being used on both days day before I updated i had Google maps on constantly from 7am-6pm and had 7% when I got home day after uodate I did the same route as im a delivery driver and had to charge the phone at 12pm before it died same apps was used and all my apps update over night on WiFi