My husband got a brand new Samsung S20 on Aug 6, 2020. He had his phone just sitting in the hands free holder in his truck on Sept 21, 2020, it was not plugged in for charging. Noticed it getting red and then it started to smoke. He stopped and pried the back off, the battery was on fire so he disconnected it. He could have quite easily thrown it out the window and started the prairie on fire but didn't. Now neither Koodo or Samsung will replace the phone and says he has to pay for it. I guess Samsung would prefer a lawsuit for fire. Thankfully it never happened during the night and our house could have burned down.