Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S20 plus start up sounds.

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 10:29 AM)
Woodstar
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Every time i turn on my phone i get a system UI notification it uses my text alert sound. Just got my S20 plus a couple of months ago after upgrading. On all my previous phones you could choose to differentiate the notifications sounds or turn it off altogether. I can't find this option anywhere yet you can turn this off on th S10 and Note 10 but no option on this! Can i turn off the start up sound off? If not, why not? It's getting  to the point where i just want to launch my phone at the wall every time it happens!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Reefraider
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Spent age's on this but this is what I found.

1. Turn on phone.
  2. Unlock screen.
  3. Drag down from top.
  4. Select notification settings.
  5. At bottom of screen select see all.
  6. At top right select 3 dots (Show system apps).
  7. Find system UI,  at bottom of screen find phone restarted (greyed out).
  8. Select it shows alert/silent select silent and hey presto silence.
Members_xHeHeN1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I glad you found it as i couldnt and phone was doing my head in. So now it's silent  

Many thanks

FredIndonesia
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've been looking for this since I bought the phone - Top stuff

0 Likes
LC14
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Worked perfectly,  thanks!

0 Likes
loramz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks that helped me on my Galaxy Note 20!

0 Likes
Mike Fedkiw
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I've been looking for a while to find out how to disable the startup sound. I did just as the instructions said and the sound was still there. I then tried to disable all sorts of other things with no luck that is until I saw the VPN option. 

I've been using Adguard for a while now and I remembered that when for some reason or another it stops it sends me a notification. Then I thought that if it notified me that it was off then it would only make sense to notify me when it started too. Anyway, once I changed the setting under VPN to vibrate, the sounds gone and my phone just vibrates a little bit whenever it starts now. And I did try turning the vibration off and that stopped the vibration too.

There still is a really short vibration when it's starting though which is towards the very beginning of boot process. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of that one yet but it's not a big deal I suppose. 

Just thought I'd post some details on what worked for me since following the instructions here didn't really work for me. Although it's possible they kinda did because initially it sounded like two overlapping identical sounds. Once I did the instruction there was only one sound so I think they did work for getting rid of one of the sounds though. 

Mike 

0 Likes
Reefraider
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This was posted 2 years ago and there was no vpn  on my phone at the time. I now have an S22 ultra 5g and transfered everything by Smart Switch even the startup sounds were off, now this could be it transfered from S20 ultra or Samsung have got rid of it. I did look in the system UI as in previous post and although seemingly switched to on it is set to silent and I haven't yet found out how to switch on, not that I want to.

0 Likes