Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung s20 plus screen burn in

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 03:38 PM)
Amarjot
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have a question about my Galaxy S20 plus It is under warranty and I'm  experiencing screen burning problems. Is it covered under warnety and also how can I fix it if I can.

14 REPLIES 14
nickt220304
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it is a shame because the phone itself is great and i love it however the burn marks are becoming unmissable and its getting in the way of my normal use. hopefully in the near future they introduce some feature which stops the screen being static all the time
0 Likes
ezezim17
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It is covered under warranty. You are just going to have to send it in to Samsung and they will replace the screen.  The certified Samsung repair shop (ubreakifix) near me told me that they would not honor the warranty.  But when I called Samsung directly they were amazing.  Once they saw that it was still under warranty they had a next day delivery tag ready for me.  I sent it in and within a few days they had it repaired and sent back out to me. 

0 Likes
JD1970
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Does a new screen fix screen burn, I've been told it doesn't.
0 Likes
Bobby socks
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The same happened to my Samsung s20 Ultra. Display from a game is burnt in screen. I have warranty. I delivered the phone to the workshop samsung. The note i got back from the workshop was a light diode in screen was broken due to high app activity.  The price to pay : 450 dollars + .  Out from the laws. Samsung did not deliver a product as described. This seems to ne a fault in the screen of s20 series. Why they also stopped selling it so quickly. This is actually a unfinished product delivery from samsung!  I also have chat from samsung staff claiming this is a problem on s20 series. And was fixed in s21. Series. Same with camera issues. But i still have warranty. So next stop we know where this is ending. I delivered a note to my lawyer. 

0 Likes
Bobby socks
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This is a joke, Samsung refused to replace my screen. Due to wrong use. Lol. A diode in the screen was broken this caused the burnings. So I contacted the electronic warranty service as we have here. This is Like a court where I live. They said the screen was to be replaced, if it happens more than 2 times. I am able to claim my money back. With full payment of the phone cost. I also posted evidence of the chat with Samsung. Where they said it was a issue in s20 series. Both with screen burning and camera fokus. When I sent them the copy from this service, the screen got replaced without any hesitate. 

0 Likes