Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s20 plus limited receptionand data

(Topic created on: 17-07-2021 07:40 PM)
AfiBhu
First Poster
Options

I have had this phone a few weeks and very poor reception/4G. Missing many calls. I have performed all the steps as suggested in previous posts.. turning off, reset WiFi/network settings, moved sim and cover etc...

Is there a solution ? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AfiBhu ,hi,maybe you have to reset the APNs.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Please reset your APN settings as suggested by @Ventor  by heading into your Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > 3 dots in the top right > Reset to default > Reset. Please also note that if an error message pops up stating "APN settings are not available for this user", ignore it and carry on with the set up. Once you've done this, switch your device off, turn it back on and ask one of your contacts to give you a call.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Might be worth trying a replacement sim from the network if that's not been tried.
0 Likes
AfiBhu
First Poster
Options

Thank you, I tried this twice. There is no difference. I used to get ready good reception and 4G on my old galaxy S8, the S20 feels like a downgrade. Will it get better with a new SIM as suggested by another person here? Otherwise a return will be the next step I think. 

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

We'd always suggest trying a new SIM, @AfiBhu, as an issue with the SIM card itself, or even a small scratch on the gold contact, can cause problems with signal. Also, even if it doesn't resolve the issue, it will help narrow down the cause. 🙂

0 Likes
AfiBhu
First Poster
Options

Its not the SIM - which is new and when put into the older galaxy models reception and data are absolutely fine/back to baseline.

Looking at the various community posts, many people seem to struggle with reception on s20 and s21. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hmm, as the issue is still persisting, I'd definitely recommend getting this inspected by one of our engineers. Or if it's within the 28-days returns period, you can ask for a refund or exchange. 

For more info on the refunds and exchanges, please click on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/returns-and-cancellations/

If you'd like to arrange an inspection and repair, please reach out to our Product Support Team by clicking on this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes