Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S20 Lockscreen Lag

(Topic created on: 21-12-2020 08:44 PM)
neet99
Apprentice
Options

I have recently purchased S20+ and after a week I am facing an issue when I unlock the phone. After the screen is turned on the screen freezes for some secs and then it works normally. I have tried resetting the phone and also removed the cache. I tried starting the phone in safe mode and the problem is still there.

27 REPLIES 27
Pubspy
First Poster
Options
I am having a similar problem. I am unable to set the screen lock at all. Recently bought my phone but since I have heard that the problem has been around since March I am not too hopeful of an update. Any suggestions?
Chris1jt
Student
Options

Same issue here... in 2021.

Running the phone pretty much stock, and never running more than 2 to 3 apps at a time. 

I go to unlock the phone, and my lock screen pulls up, but I'm unable to swipe to unlock. Screen just stalls. Then blurs out. If I press the side lock button the phone goes black and stays black for a prolonged period. Usually the only way it resolves is if I: 1. wait 15 - 20 seconds, after which time the lock screen sometimes reappears (and stops freezing), or 2. restart the phone (lock and volume down). It's been happening 5 or more times per day for the past few days.

Pretty ridiculous for a phone I bought just a couple months ago... And yes, I've run all system updates. Still no luck.

0 Likes
ScribblingRaven
First Poster
Options

I have had this phone since November 2020 (S20 FE 5G) & it will often lock up on me to the point where I have to manually power it off for a reboot.  I've cleaned it, updated it, I haven't overcharged it, I've done everything I've read about & it still locks up.  The lockscreen won't even let me access the phone.  I sometimes use my phone for medical purposes, & this could be a matter of life & death (literally.  I'm a paramedic).  I'm about to throw it out.

0 Likes
Members_pBeaKNQ
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue now. 

0 Likes
Alexander8
Student
Options

Exact same problem! It's really frustrating. Everything is up to date clearing the system cache appeared to help for a short time but it just came back and it was short enough that it could have just been coincidence. Thought I was upgrading to a Galaxy phone from my old LG. not impressed so far.

0 Likes
Chris1jt
Student
Options

Hey Alexander. A bit of good news bad news for you:

1. Good news is the issue resolved for me back in May of last year after a couple weeks of the same lock screen problems.

2. Bad news is I'm not sure why. One thing that seemed to help is I removed my microSD card, which is a tip some others called out as well (thinking it could have been corrupted). I also ran a factory reset because I had just bought the phone so all my data was backed up and easily restored.

Not sure if you've tried either of those, but I'd give it a shot, along with of course running the system updates everyone recommend.

God speed.  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Alexander8
Student
Options

I hadn't thought to try the SD card. Thanks!

0 Likes
Raviraj Singh
First Poster
Options

@Demmo wrote:

it's fixed with April security patch guys,  good news :smiling-face: 

I am also facing this issue even though my s20 fe is fully updated.  Issue is still there,  please help

0 Likes