Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s20 Green White Screen Problem

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 06:17 AM)
Ajit
Apprentice
Options

From yesterday I am facing this problem where my phone screen will suddenly turn Green and stop responding. After searching online found few tricks such as restarting phone but none of them worked.

Detailed - From 3-4 days I was facing very tiny horizontal lines waving throughout the screen but then yesterday it went all green bleed. It went normal after 10min of inactivity. It has happened twice with last 12 hrs. My phone is not under warranty and thats why taking to service-center will cost me a lot of money.

Searching online I found out that lot of user are facing this problem, this definitely looks like manufacturing defects.

#s20 #GalaxyS20 #greenscreen #SamsungGalaxyFlawedSeries

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A Samsung phone has a limited 24 month manufacturers warranty on them @Ajit 

Even if your out of warranty it's still might be worth letting a Samsung Service Centre take a look.

They'll assess the phone and provide a costing.

Or look at any insurance you may have such as Household insurance or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account.

If the vist us too high then you could look at tarde ins or some businesses deal in faulty phones.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ajit
Apprentice
Options

I visited Service Center they are asking me full money for the replacement of the display. Day by day more and more users are facing this problem and Samsung is trying it best to avoid acknowledging it.

0 Likes
irfankhan
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing a similar issue on my phone, It has started to show up vertical static lines clearly visible on a white screen. I know this is going to end up in a white/green screen of death. Samsung is clearly accountable for this issue. 

0 Likes
Adamc123
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, how do we as a community contact Samsung management and take this to a higher level, because I have now seen multiple topics on this subject and Samsung are ignoring them all. 

0 Likes
GKL23
First Poster
Options

It just happened to me few days ago.  I brought the phone to the authorized repair center and I was told it is a common issue. 

Called Samsung back they refused to acknowledge the issue because they don't want to pick up the repair cost. They just kept trying to justify my phone was out of warranty. Despite the fact it is obviously a manufacturing defect. 

I am going to call and complain to the manager this time. Since the supervisor I was on the phone with is very arrogant. 

0 Likes