Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S20 - Front camera zoomed in on Whatsapp, Instagram & Snapchat and very bad quality!!

(Topic created on: 06/04/21 23:25)
Charlie33
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just received my new Samsung s20 only to realise that when trying to take a selfie on the above social media sites the camera is very zoomed in on my face and not great quality, I have searched the net for a resolution but I have had no luck and can see Samsung had previous issues with this in other phone models within the "S" range but is anyone else experiencing the same issue and will this be resolved??

Please help?

Other than this issue the phone is fantastic but this has really put a downer on the phone for me.

Thank you.

Charlie 

50 REPLIES 50
Tdmt9
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mine is much better! S10+ thank goodness. Snapchat definitely not as zoomed 

Flayla
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

👍👍

Waiting on instagram and tiktok to follow 

0 Likes
arief
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

same problem here with A71..

sad 😞

0 Likes
Richardeid
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Any updates ?

0 Likes
KateAlexa
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Whatsapp and Insta still have horrific front cam zoom issue. What is the ETA for fixing this?!? Is this a third party or a samsung issue??? 

0 Likes
Mariana_
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue. If the problem occurs with not just one, but many third part apps, Samsung should address  it and fix those complications in its software. Afterall, it's  an issue that's  affecting Samsung's users and I don't see this problem in Google's and apple's phones. I'm considering returning the phone.

MikhailSab
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem on S20 + and S20. No solution for a long time. Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook. The next phones will be from Apple.

0 Likes
gratia97
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the same issue. The front camera is too zoomed in 😞 my s7 edge didn't have any problem with the camera. I hope Samsung would do something about this

0 Likes
JeanRS
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem. I don't think that Samsung is doing something for fix it. Is almost 2 years that this problems is in all the news models. I hope Samsung fix it in 2021!!!!

0 Likes
jack6503
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

i got android 11 on my samsung a40 now.

its possible to save setting in camera app to not zoomed in.

but whatsapp is still zoomed in.

so i think whatsapp needs to update their application. 

0 Likes