Original topic:

Samsung S20 FE - Super Slow Charging while/if using

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 10:24 PM)
jguisousav
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey, can you help me 🥺, I bought the Samsung s20 fe too but I notice this:

1° When/If I use the Samsung while charging, he start to charge so slow like 1% every 4/5 mins, like that’s normal? // but if I don’t use it the phone charge in one hour and 30/40 mins.

Ps:
-The charger it’s oficial, I used the one from the box 15w
-The phone have only 2/3 days 
-I don’t use case when it’s charging

So I don't know... its that things normal?

(Sorry for my English)
Thank you so much to everyone to take your time to hlep me 😀

13 REPLIES 13
Hwalker1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
The supplied charger is only 15 watts. Can never be fast.
can I risk charging it with my Motorola charger?
0 Likes
BamboRambo
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Any updates pls? Mine s20 ultra started to do the same thing recently... im 100% sure its software related issue as when i switch off the screen it starts to charge fast as it should and i don't believe screen on takes so much amps...
0 Likes
yashhh
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello, I have purchased Samsung S20 FE just a few days back and I experience the same. Pretty slow charging. 

Curious to know if this issue was resolved for you as you shared the query more than a year back.

0 Likes
Members_Qspsq8y
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't know if this is still relevant, but if you are using your Phone normally while charging and it's charging slowly, that's just the way it is. It might be more apparent on a phone like the S20FE which draws a lot of power, but using your phone while charging simply won't charge it fast (or even won't charge it at all).

Depending on the used charger, you are probably gonna get the same results as I am:

Screenshot_20220723-164109.png

Could also be that some kind of software update recently limited the charging speed while using the phone (probably to reduce stress on the battery) but as far as I know this should be normal behaviour.

0 Likes