Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE phone loosing coonection with a mobile network

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 11:34 AM)
Members_j4WzSx2
Student
Options

In June 2021, I bought a Samsung S20 FE mobile phone in the Ice (Norwegian mobile operator) online store.

I'm experiencing the following issues with my cell phone:

• Periodically (once-twice a day) I am not able to receive incoming calls. The caller is connected to my answering machine while my phone is connected to the network.
  • The issue described above applies also outgoing calls. Periodically I cannot make calls while my phone is connected to the cellular network.  I must either restart the phone or turn the flight mode on and off to use the phone.
  • I thought this might be the problem with my SIM card. I got a new SIM card from my mobile operator in early December. The card replacement did not solve the problem.
  • I have performed a factory reset of my mobile phone several times. It has not solved my connection problem, either.
  • I moved the Ice SIM card to the other mobile phone and the connection problems disappeared.

We have in the family 4 mobile phones (2 Iphones, 1 Xiaomi and my Samsung) connected to the Ice mobile network. Unfortunately, only I have this problem. When I put my SIM card to the Xiaomi 10S mobile phone the connection issue disappears. This proves that the issue is with my phone.

In January 2022 I sent my phone to the mobile network operator’s authorised service workshop Conmodo. Week later I got my phone back with an information that the phone’s motherboard has been replaced.

Unfortunately, the same day when I got my phone back, I experienced the connection issue again.

After few days testing and experiencing connection problems, I send the phone back to the service. Two days ago, I got it back with information that phone works properly and if experience the connection problems I should report them directly to Samsung. I have reset my phone and reinstalled all my applications. Yesterday evening, I tried to my 2 phone calls – one local (my wife’s phone in the same network) and one international. After long waiting time I received a ”busy line” signal. My wife, sitting next to me, tried to call me and she was re-directed to my answering machine. I switched on and off my phone’s flight mode and my phone became operatable again.

When my phone was in service, I have used a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S mobile phone. I have never experienced any connection issues while using the Xiaomi device.

I have no clue what to do. Phone is useless. I cannot rely on it. I am using it for working home.  Workshop says it is OK. 

8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try deleting phone cache

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

And try reset Network

Go settings
General management
Reset

Reset Network settings

And see if
helps solve your issue

Also
Try Settings
Connection's
Mobile hotspot and tethering
0 Likes
johnnyboys20fe
First Poster
Options
My s20fe had a software update last week and since then I now cannot launch the app that goes with my gimbal which I got the same time as the phone!! It worked fine before the update....any ideas anybody?,thank you.
0 Likes
Members_j4WzSx2
Student
Options

Thanks. I have already done it - doesn't help.

0 Likes
snmkla736
Apprentice
Options

This is the same issue which occurred in my device but you can see here I just reset it once and after that it did not show again.

0 Likes
gngwako
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my S20FE. It has undergone the same repairs like yours thrice, have replaced sim card, have talked to the mobile service provider but the problem persists. So frustrating. Can a class suite against Samsung do?

0 Likes
Members_00GKdye
First Poster
Options

As adviced by the Samsung Service I have reported the issue via Samsung Memebers application. I have been instructed to use the Samsung SysDump utility. However, the SysDump requires one time password authentiication and nobody is able to tell me how to get it. Samsung Members stop responding. Never again Samsung phone. Too expensive and too low quality. You can get Xiaomi with better parameters for 1/3 of Samsung.

0 Likes
Members_00GKdye
First Poster
Options

Samsung Members stoped replying to my posts. My daughter tried to called me 5 times yesterday reveiving message that my phone is offline.... 

Never again Samsung!!!

0 Likes
Members_00GKdye
First Poster
Options

After 3 weeks sending messages back and forth, today I got the attached responce from Samsung members. It is a joke. Never again Samsung phone.276039834_398012118831323_2556678282322189061_n.png

0 Likes