Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S20 FE Phantom touch continuing

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 05:01 PM)
beachgeek
First Poster
Options

Samsung S20 FE (5G) 2.5 months old. Makes calls while laying on the table - no human nearby. Opens programs the same way. All updates installed.  Accidental touch protection turned on. I read here that there were some fixes several months ago but they apparently didn't work.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If a factory reset as a last resort does not help and your software is up to date @beachgeek then let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
beachgeek
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, there is not one of those close or even within a reasonable drive. 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@beachgeek: Can you try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, and monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the fault. This will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To proceed, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. 

If the problem doesn't occur in Safe Mode, restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed third party apps. Sadly it won't be possible to determine which app is at fault, so a process of elimination will be required.

0 Likes
beachgeek
First Poster
Options

I'm giving it a try. I have no idea which apps were installed since I got the phone and which ones transferred but I can play with that. 

0 Likes
beachgeek
First Poster
Options

I restarted in Safe Mode. That made me crazy so it only lasted a couple hours. But then I had to make a LOT of adjustments when I went back to "normal." So I don't know exactly what happened but it did slow it down quite a bit.

0 Likes