Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE 5G stuck on EUX TK1 software update.

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 07:23 PM)
Jm181
Apprentice
Options

I can't update the software on my S20 FE 5G. I have tried the solution mentioned in https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/no-samsung-pay-no-updates-stuck-with-eux-europ... but even though the issue is similar it does not work.

When using smart switch on a PC is says that software is up to date as  and lists it as EUX TK1.

I am a UK customer using an EE sim.

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jm181 

What software version are you on right now ?

What issues are you experiencing with being on your current software version ?

Did Samsung UK directly supply the phone to you ?

For example I'm on…

Android 11

Samsung One Ui 3.1.

1 August Security Update.

Screenshot_20210905-083552_Software update.jpg

I'm using a different phone model that was imported from Hong Kong.

Look on your about Phone to see the exact update information.

EUX is the European CsC Code.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jm181
Apprentice
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

I'm on Android version 10

One UI version 2.5

Android security patch level

1 November 2020

The main issue is that can't update the software, I'm worried about my phone not being secure, and I can't use my phone for work without the latest security patch. 

I got the phone through fonehouse, so it was a new phone bought in the EU, and repackaged with a uk power adapter. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Jm181
Apprentice
Options

The phone seems to never have updated.

Screenshot_20210905-085110_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's possible the seller deals in grey imports hence the current csc and repackaged UK adapter.

Updates for such phone's can sometimes take longer.

Looking in the Samsung Members App Android 11 and Samsung One Ui 3 was sent to that phone model in December 2020 to phone's supplied by Samsung directly.

You could try removing your sim card and reinsert to see if that instigates an update or even try another different network sim card.

There are places like sammobile.com and xdadevelopers.com to look at updating software but one has to be very careful.

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

That or if you have one local visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to see if they can help or alternatively keep periodically checking your phone's software update section and turn on Auto Update over Wi-Fi in your phone's settings.

0 Likes
Jm181
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll have to book an appointment at the Samsung shop. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jm181 

This is a thread from the ee community forum that includes some posts from people who had a phone from fonehouse and have experienced the same issue as yours.

community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android/Samsung-S10-refusing-to-find-Android-update. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Jm181 

It is important to be on the latest version of software and security updates I agree so this maybe the best way forward.

Would you update your thread in due course to let us know how you get on with this.

0 Likes