Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S20 FE 5G (SM-G781B/DS) Touch screen problems and battery charging issue.

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 07:26 PM)
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

Since a while i have a lot of touch screen issues (like the day i got it). I saq on google, reddit and this community that this was a common problem and maybe a software problem and it should be fixed by an software update. Now since latest update i still have touch screen issues and now as extra missery some charging problems. Yesterday i preformed a full factory reset but it did not worked. Touch is still not fixed, its more then a year now for me.

Touch screen problem accurs the most on the bottom on te screen (Space button while texting and tiles on de bottom of the screen.) They happen when i unlock the phone and keep having this issue until i put the phone on standy and unlock it again, after that the problem is solved again. It happens about 4 times a day, extremly annoying its been there for months allready. Even after factory reset and just minimal app usage it did not solved the problem.

Since latest update i also have problems with charging. I uses samsung expensive original fast chargers, sometimes it doesnt charge at all since latest update. Charging port is clean, so no harware issue on that problem...

Think this will be the last time i uy an Samsung.. 500 euro phone with lots of issues..

The touch screen missery has been there since i bought it a year ago.. Was less for a couple months and are now back a lot again.. I hoped ever since it would be fixed by an software update, but om afraid its a hardware problem.

15 REPLIES 15
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried the members support .. this will take you to the individual things to test.
As for battery issues have you looked at the device care ??
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

Yes i send a message to member support together with all the logs.. Im not sure if they can see the touch issue in the logs because of course the device does not register any touches... When it happens its not responding to these areas of the screen

Phone.jpg

Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

I hoped that the new software update would help me solve the touchscreen issues, but to bad it didnt. So now samsung asked me to send it for repair and research.. My phone will be collected on monday 29 of august. Repaircenter says it will be repaired in 3 days.. We'lll see..

Also i found out that this repair service in the Netherlands works under the name Dynafix:

https://nl.trustpilot.com/review/web.dynafix.com

Has terrible reviews, so i want to collect proof that my phone is truly undamaged beceause i read a lot of stores that phones got returned with damage where they shove it to the owners fault.. The only time they got positive reviews is when they repair coffee machines.. Almost every phone is bad.. 😞

Unfortunally this is my only option to let is get fixed under warrenty.. Ill keep everyone on this community updated!

Any tips to proof my phone did not has cracks or scratches bevore taken to repair center? It all give me shivers, but it has to be repaired once and for all.. These are the finger touch test when the problem accurs:

Screenshot_20220825-143442_Touch Screen Test.jpg

1. When problem starts

Screenshot_20220825-143506_Touch Screen Test.jpg

2.When lock and unlock screen, it works again..

My Repair number:iRMADRSA17694008

Date of contact and request repair: 25-08-2022

Mail send with explaination of the issue: 25-08-2022 14:45

This is important due the issue only happens once in a few hours.. I dont want them to send the phone back with just a reply "updated the software", or "no problem found".

27-08-2022 Still no reply on the email from: manco@dynafix.com

Phone should be collected on 29-08-2022

0 Likes
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

Pictures taken on 27-08-2022

Proof of clean phone, no scratches or cracks or anything, always been protected by cover and temperad glass and I never dropped my phone:

IMG_20220827_125622.jpg   IMG_20220827_125656.jpg   IMG_20220827_125813_BURST001_COVER.jpg      Side 1.jpg   side 2.jpg   Side 3.jpg   side 4.jpg  

0 Likes
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

I got sick by reading the reviews of Dynafix, i decided to drive a long distance to go to an official Samsung shop. So for now i cancelled the collect service and have an appointment on tuesday 30th of august 10:00 hour in the Samsung shop in Amsterdam.

0 Likes
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

So today i went to the Samsung Service Center in Amsterdam. The problem was that the error did not show up when the service checked the phone. So they told me they can only work on hardware if they can see the problem themselfe. So they suggested to wipe the software off the phone and install a new firmware, and so they did. We agreed when this would not help i can come back and they will check the hardware of the phone. Its now so far so good. I setup the phone around 13:00 hour and since that time i had no touchscreen or battery issues.. I hope it stays that way! Ill keep you informed!

0 Likes
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

19:23 - Lookes like the problem is still there.. Tryed to open "touch screen test" but because it was first use i could not press the "OK" button on first use (Phone was reset). Ill gather the evidence when the issiue pops up again.. Seems for me i have to take a long drive to Amsterdam soon again.. 😞

0 Likes
Maikelvs
Explorer
Options

30-08-2022

14:00 - Installed the phone and installed these apps:

1. - ING
  2. -Marktplaats
  3. - Vinted
  4. - Tiktok
  5. - Bitvavo
  6. - Google Authenticator
  7. - F1tv
  8. - Whatsapp
  9. - Facebook messenger
  10. - Digid
  11. - Touchscreen Test app
  12. - PostNL
  13. - Instagram
  14. - Telegram

19:23 -First time issue pops up again, could not press OK in the touch screen test tutorial

31-08-2022

Screenshot_20220831-010420_Touch Screen Test.jpg

01:04 - Issue pops up again after 2 hours non use

Screenshot_20220831-090437_Touch Screen Test.jpg

09:04 - And woke up with the issue again

Next appointment planned at the Samsung Service Centre in Amsterdam:

Friday 02-09-2022 - 10:20

Current firmware:

One Ui: 4.1

Android: 12

Version: G781BXXU4FVH3 / G781BOXM4FVH3 / G781BXXU4FVH3

Level security patch: 1-08-2022