Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S20 FE 5G - Gmail notifications problem

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 11:28 AM)
Pawel__1515
Apprentice
Options

HI!

I have a strange issue with notifications from Gmail APP. I have already checked that notifications in the application are turned on.  Also, I have uninstalled all the updates for Gmail and downloaded them again.  The Gmail application is even added to "never put the application to sleep mode".  And after these actions, I still don't have any notification that I received a new e-mail. I even changed the notification sound to be sure that it is not the issue with a corrupted sound file or sth like that. Maybe some google service issues? Have any suggestions on what else I should try?

Regards!

You can close this post. I just find out that  "battery saving mode" was the problem here. Checked all issues from the list (link)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lucksee
Apprentice
Options
Solution.
Open Gmail
Go to setting
Select email address
Go to notifications
Change notification from High Priority to All.

View solution in context

Solution
Jaykishan Vaghela
Apprentice
Options

Hi All, I found this solution after doing research (I have Samsung S20 FE 5G)

Go to Settings -> Find Apps Click on Apps -> Find Gmail Application Click on Gmail Application -> Click on Battery -> Select Unrestricted 

😀

Now you will get a Notification 

Thanks

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try clicking on the Gmail app
Then three horizontal bars
Settings
Email address
Scroll down
Notification sounds
0 Likes
Lucksee
Apprentice
Options
I have the same Issue. Notification sound is on, all necessary permissions are granted, still no notification.
0 Likes
Solution
Lucksee
Apprentice
Options
Solution.
Open Gmail
Go to setting
Select email address
Go to notifications
Change notification from High Priority to All.
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
I've been trying to convert to Gmail from Samsung Email but gave up because of this.
From what I can tell, Gmail is not allowing Samsung devices to have push notifications but it just sync emails every hour half hour or the most frequent is 15 minutes intervals.
Unless I'm wrong but I haven't managed to get around it
0 Likes
RDhamija
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to revive this, but I'm facing this problem ever since I used the battery saver mode for the very first time 4 days back, after using the phone for 6+ months.

I figured out this was the problem, but now I've toggled it multiple times, restarted and everything, but gmail notifications just won't work.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I have the opposite problem. I keep receiving notifications all day (sound), but I don't know what it's for? I'm not on Twitter. It's not my email, Facebook, messenger, phone call or messages.

0 Likes
Solution
Jaykishan Vaghela
Apprentice
Options

Hi All, I found this solution after doing research (I have Samsung S20 FE 5G)

Go to Settings -> Find Apps Click on Apps -> Find Gmail Application Click on Gmail Application -> Click on Battery -> Select Unrestricted 

😀

Now you will get a Notification 

Thanks

LoveLabby
First Poster
Options

That helped me! Thank you very much! (I have Samsung S20 FE (not 5g))

0 Likes
AngelicaJay
First Poster
Options
Just took your advise jaykishan, let's hope it works 👍
0 Likes