Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 FE 4G Snapdragon Version?

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 10:12 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Been looking for a decent second phone that's also reasonably cheap. With a trade in of an old phone being a possibility, alongside a 10% off code and the use of a Samsung+ Card for another 5% the Samsung S20 FE 4G Snapdragon Version that was just related caught my eye (SM-G780G). 

It's almost impossible to find reviews of it or user reports but on paper it could be a winner with the improved processor (Snapdragon 865 over the Exynos 990 version the original 4g had). Also being 4g I'm guessing the battery could be improved over the original. Comes with Android 11 pre installed which will mean it will get a decent amount of future updates too.

Before I'm lured into purchasing one has anyone got their hands on one? 
12 REPLIES 12
Storedab
First Poster
Options

I've also been looking for impressions or reviews of the 4g Snapdragon version but I've not found any yet. I've taken the plunge and purchased it this evening anyway.

Similarly to you the price was right with it being 15% off today, another £200 off for a broken phone trade in and another 5% through Samsung pay+ and some free, actually decent headphones thrown in too. Will be sad to see my S9+ go but that's another £140 or so selling it elsewhere too. 

I'm in the same boat as you in hoping the battery life could be even better than the 5g version, but it's weird as the 865 doesn't have a built in modem, so my guess is that it's using the same add on modem in the 5g version but with the ability for 5g shut off somehow? I'll post here if I do find any reviews, would be appreciated if you could do the same! 

0 Likes
Ogi3
Student
Options

Exynos version overheats and therefore battery degrades faster!

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
From what I read the Exynos version was notably worse for the version originally in the phone so I can see this being the case for sure. The deal on the phone has gone though as well as the deal for a broken phone trade in so its not really something I'm considering at this time. What confuses me is why they have a 4g snapdragon version anyway. It's essentially the exact same as the 5g version, same chip and everything, but the modem for 5g on the chip must be disabled which just seems odd.
0 Likes