Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S20+ crashes after 2022 upgrade

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 08:55 PM)
blondeenz
Apprentice
Options

Quite honestly the worst upgrade experience with no support available.

after latest upgrade most apps buggy, not working, lines through display like some things corrupted, ph restarts itself mid calls.

search for help, suggests cashe clearing. up button and power, even utubed I'm doing that right. ph won't even go into mode required to clear cashe... oh yes and must plug into pc now.... that doesn't work. 

the apps that do work. ie basic phone book and messaging.... good luck finding how to search for a contact name. it's an atrocious change to the application. 

really annoyed that we were not advised of the massive amount of app amendments. I would NEVER have installed upgrade. 

the affect to business in an already tough environment... come on samsung. we are not all teenagers with time to spare frigging around on phones at work trying to work if what the blazer some IT numpty 🥢 thought was great to roll out. 

how about issuing a book on the changes so we can know whatever the heck you did with our stored information and how 🔫 access it now. 

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hello, clearing system cache is the key to getting the phone stable. It does work but can be tricky pressing buttons at the same time. Try holding down the vol up button and then hold down both until the Samsung logo appears.
0 Likes
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
Always wipe cache after update
Turn off phone
Plug in to pc
Press Power + vol up and down fir 5 seconds
When samsung logo appears let go
That will boot you onto recovery
Chose wipe dalvick cache
Wipe 2 times
Hopefully you lags and problems will stop
Sadly user error not smasung error
0 Likes
blondeenz
Apprentice
Options

thanks. as stated in my post. this method does not work 

0 Likes
blondeenz
Apprentice
Options

gosh. how do I respond.

no I don't have any dexterity issues and I have normal size fingers. I do not find either the instructions or execution tricky. as noted. the method does not work. 

0 Likes
Wharncliffeowl
Pioneer
Options
Amazes me how the same updates work fine for some folks phones but cause havoc for others.
0 Likes
blondeenz
Apprentice
Options

it's pretty common. there are many number of issues others experience that they post that I don't have as it seems you don't experience this one.

Thankfully in some regard I'm not the only one that's lost ability to go into the clear cashe mode or I expect it would be chalked up to chubby fingered user error. or an imagined problem of 1.

0 Likes