Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S20+ Charging question/problem?!!!!

(Topic created on: 29-04-2020 12:11 PM)
AZK
Explorer
Options

Hi,

So I have a S20+

When I use the supplied EP-TA800 super fast charger my phone charges in normal mode or super fast only.

The phone in the battery charge settings has a fast charging option also. So like a middle speed before super fast.

If I toggle fast charge on and superfast off the phone charges in normal slow  mode only not fast charge.

If I toggle fast off and superfast on it charges in superfast. Or even of I leave fast charging on and toggle superfast on it charges in superfast.

I actually want to charge my phone in fast charge. Not slow ot superfast. Why is this option not working with the phone?

When I plug in my old S9 Adaptive EP-TA20UBE it does charge my S20+ on fast charge.

My question is surely the supplied S20+ EP-TA800 should support all 3 modes? Not just normal or superfast???

Can someone help Samsung have been a pain and can't clear this up even after 3 weeks.

Can someone with an S20+ try the 3 charge options with theirs on the original charger and see what happens.

I've factory reset the phone and done the full works diagnostics but no fix.

I think its a joke if the older S9 charger will fast charge but the new one only does superfast. When the options are there to turn on and off.

Please help!!!

53 REPLIES 53
ArmchairExpert
Journeyman
Options

The supplied EP-TA800 charger is 25W and, I believe that, super fast charging is only possible if you purchase the optional 45W charger.

Toggling the super fast setting will have no effect unless you are using a 45W charger.

Using your supplied charger:

Toggling the fast to off gives normal charging speed (slow mode).

Toggling the fast to on gives fast charging speed.

I hope that makes sense. 

AZK
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Thank you for the reply but l'm afraid your wrong.

The supplied charger is 25W. But when you toggle super fast charge is does charge super fast. Almost 50% faster then normal. It also says on screen super fast charging and it a green circle that appears.

My issue isn't that. Its the fact that fast charge isn't working with the supplied charger yet it does work with my older S9 charger and when that's plugged in it says fast charging.

So I'm trying to clarify if the supplied charger is only slow and superfast and it doesn't do fast charge.

The 45w charger is even faster charging of superfast👍
0 Likes
ArmchairExpert
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, my mistake, the S20+ does not support 45W charging.

If you toggle both super fast and fast to off, are the minutes until full more than if you just have fast toggled to on?

If it is then that is slow mode, toggling fast to on (with superfast to off) will give fast mode and toggling superfast to on (regardless of the position of fast) will allow superfast charging. If the 3 times until full are different then the the middle one is fast charging mode.

0 Likes
AZK
Explorer
Options
Hi!

This is the issue, the times don't change.

Its like the fast charge doesn't work with the supplied charger.

Example
Fast charge off
Superfast off
= slow

Fast charge on
Superfast off
= slow (makes no time difference from slow and also doesn't display on screen as fast)

Fast charge on
Superfast on
= Superfast

Fast charge off
Superfast on
= Superfast

Now when I use my old S9 charger as below
Fast charge on
Superfast off
= Fast Charging

Yet the above doesn't happen when using the supplied charger!!! Thats the mode I want.

0 Likes
ArmchairExpert
Journeyman
Options

OK, that clears things up.

Apologies for the confusion, I was only trying to help.

0 Likes
AZK
Explorer
Options

Hey no worries!!!

Just to add
Superfast charging times obviously half the slow charge and work fine.

I want to just fast charge and currently can only do so using my older s9 charger! Bizarre!!! You would expect the superfast charger to allow just fast charging!

0 Likes
ArmchairExpert
Journeyman
Options

Do fast and slow modes work with your S9 charger?

If so then that would suggest your charger is at fault.

0 Likes
AZK
Explorer
Options
Hi!

Yep they do but I have another EP-TA800 and its the same so I find it hard to believe I have 2 faulty chargers. I also don't think its the phone as it does fast charge with the S9 charger.

I can only assume its software of the charging chip perhaps or inside the phone. I'm stumped.
0 Likes
ArmchairExpert
Journeyman
Options

Indeed! A proper headscratcher.

0 Likes