Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S 20 Plus converting long sms to mms

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 04:46 PM)
Worldwide
First Poster
Options

I am a long SMS user and now upgraded yo S20 Plus and since have difficulty in sending long SMS as it always convert to MMS. Tried changing from setting  to alphabet but still not working. I need assistance 🙏 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisP88
Options

Any message over the maximum size (160 characters) will automatically be sent as an MMS. 

If you are not able to send MMS messages you can disable Auto download MMS from the messaging app > Messages settings > Advanced > Disable auto download MMS.

Worldwide
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your feedback,  however there is no colum for advance under the settings in S20 Plus One UI 5.1 android 13

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Worldwide : Apologies for the confusion. Sadly there isn't a setting available in the Samsung Messages app that can prevent the conversion from SMS to MMS when the networks character limit has been reached. If you like to send long texts, then you may wish to consider enabling the Chat features in the Messages app (Messages > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat settings > Chat features > On > Default message type > Automatic). This will allow you to send messages via Wi-Fi to contacts who also have chat features enabled, without a character limit in place. 

You could also look at third party messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, which also utilise Wi-Fi, and don't come with any character restrictions. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes