Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Keyboard - Autocorrect should not correct more than once

(Topic created on: 29/01/21 21:26)
Goel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
When I am typing words or names which is new to the phone on the Samsung Keyboard (with predictive text on), it often autocorrects as it should. When it gets a word wrong e.g. a unique name or foreign word, it should not autocorrect again after I type it correctly.

I am not sure if this is due to me using the Samsung keyboard incorrectly or not but I should not have to repeatedly correct the phone.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
When you type the corrected word do you press on it on the bar at the top of the keyboard?
0 Likes
Goel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I see the corrected word on the top of the keyboard and I can see it when I click the word. I was wondering if it is easier just to backspace and correct the word without having the keyboard correct you again.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Actually, that's what I do, not by design, just a natural thing.
0 Likes
Goel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yeah, the issue is when you sometimes backspace and correct the word, autocorrect replaces it again. It sometimes keeps the word other times it autocorrects. Surely, after correcting autocorrect once, it should just learn, or maybe that is by design? Maybe you have to select the correct word from top of the keyboard or click on the word itself and change it to your intended input?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yes, clicking on the word in the bar saves it into its dictionary so it will always be remembered.
0 Likes
Goel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yeah, it would useful if using backspace does not keep on autocorrecting the original word.
0 Likes
Thekidman96
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
use Google "g board" best keyboard for any android device in my opinion.
0 Likes