Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung keep sending me damaged new phones !!

(Topic created on: 28/02/21 12:49)
Scherie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi 

Just bought a Galaxy Note20 Ultra, from Samsung online .

The original one I received had a scratch, fine got a replacement and that one had what looked like dust but under the black screen .

Received another replacement and that has another scratch and is scuffed at the top and bottom of the phone . No plastic film protecting it either.

Have rung customer service several times expressing my concern that im receiving refurbished phones.

They said they can do nothing either get a refund or keep it . Problem is I got a deal through their website with a voda contract and so that the only way could afford this phone.

Has anyone any suggestions of who to complain to, maybe an email address etc I didnt seem to be able to find a direct one for complaints only .

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
That's not good at all. If you wanted a refurbished phone you would have bought one. Don't stop complaining to them till they sort it.
Phoenix142
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
easy, contact the ombudsman,

samsung can NOT sell you a refurbished phone with or without a contract unless you have agreed to it or chosen a Contract through Vodafone which entails a refurbished unit (yes, these exist, ease double check just in case)

if not, you have a VERY strong case on your hands if you have taken photos and or video along the way.
Phoenix142
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
also, if you have the relevant evidence and there's no caveat in your contracts you signed, let me know if you need any help getting to the relevant channels :smiling-face:
Scherie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey...Thanks for all the advice , yeah really difficult to take a photo of the scratch as so tiny and not showing up in photos. Anyway have contacted them through many avenues including fb and twitter but no joy they have directed me to uk support email so trying that now .

0 Likes
Scherie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thankyou that's exactly what I'm doing !

0 Likes
Phoenix142
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
any time, I had a nightmare story similar to yours with One plus and their official repair centre in Poland. took 7 weeks to get my replacement, luckily I had evidence.

I would suggest after this to contact the Ombudsman with all relevant info, it's a serious concern.
0 Likes
RXM
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I video the unboxing of every expensive piece of tech from the moment it arrives to the moment its unboxed, shown to be in perfect external condition, and turns on properly. I've never had to use any of these yet but I'm just super careful in case these scenarios occur.
0 Likes