Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Internet not saving card details

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 10:21 PM)
Saminthecity79
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

Have my new S20+ which I'm very happy with. The only problem being I cannot seem to save my payment card details in Samsung Internet (Settings >> Privacy and Security >> Autofill Forms >> Credit and Debit Cards).

I transferred everything over from my S9+ via Smart Switch but it hasn't saved any card details. I've tried everything including deleting all card details from Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass and trying again. It saves the expiry date only.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known issue? It really sucks for me to have to type in my 16 digit card number every time I want to buy something!

12 REPLIES 12
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
I have just found this info that might help! it asks to check various options including country settings. This is the link
https://www.imobie.com/support/fix-samsung-pay-not-working.htm
Let me know how you get on as there are several suggestions!
Saminthecity79
Journeyman
Options

@FlorieJoy wrote:
I have just found this info that might help! it asks to check various options including country settings. This is the link
https://www.imobie.com/support/fix-samsung-pay-not-working.htm
Let me know how you get on as there are several suggestions!

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. The problem I'm having is with adding payment to Samsung Internet not Samsung Pay. I have tried all of these suggestions though but none of them have solved the problem. 

0 Likes
Mutz
Student
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem. S20+ I add all details in samsung Internet but only saving the expiry date, still working on my old so Edge. Anybody found a way to get this working as its annoying when making online payments. 

Nailaa
First Poster
Options
Hi i am experiencing exactly the same problem after having upgraded to the s20+. I have logged it as an error through the app and await a response but please let me know if you have found a fix.
Gabrielai
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same problem with my s20+ 

Solution
Saminthecity79
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. 

I did find a fix on another forum. Please find it below but * PLEASE NOTE * this will close any tabs you have open and get rid of bookmarks and saved pages. 

Long press on Samsung Internet, select App Info. Select 'Storage'. Select 'Clear data' at the bottom of the page then do the same again for 'Clear cache'. Then go back to the app info page and select 'Force stop'.

Reopen Samsung Internet and you should be able to input your card details as normal. 

Hope this helps!

Mutz
Student
Options

hey, thanks a million. This has just worked for me, tested my adding items into a website basket.

Saminthecity79
Journeyman
Options
Yay!
0 Likes
c87
Pioneer
Options

I have the same problem, clear chache and data from samsung internet not working for me ... any solution ?

0 Likes