Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung gallery

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 11:04 AM)
Spikekie
Journeyman
Options
Since OneDrive linked with Samsung Gallery my photos keep disappearing. I've switched off sync on both apps, but still OneDrive keeps using up my space copying my gallery pics. Main issue though is 100s of photos have slowly disappeared over months. One album should have 148 photos. It's only got 47 now. I've not deleted them, so where are they going??? I've lost so many memories. It's awful 😡 . 320 photos have now just gone.... disappeared from my albums. Any ideas? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Newtos8p
Pioneer
Options
Have you got enough space at one driver?. If so check the archives box. You will find them all there.
Spikekie
Journeyman
Options
Used 4.09 of 5 GB on Onedrive. No, they aren't there. They are nowhere on OneDrive. I think the problem is with Samsung Gallery. Thanks anyway. I'll keep swearing...ERM, I mean looking 😆 👍
0 Likes
Newtos8p
Pioneer
Options
What happens through that when you sync and have a subscription it automatically suggesting that someone of the photos are there for long. So they mostly goes into archives folder but not seen in your storages. You can able to see them as a offline picture available. Please give a try on YouTube search. And hopefully something will come up.
Spikekie
Journeyman
Options
Will do. Thanks for your help. I backed up all my albums to Google a few months ago after losing loads from Gallery. I can now compare the amount of photos in each file to Samsung. That's how I know when some suddenly disappear....but where they go is a mystery...😩
Newtos8p
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Vancon
Student
Options
I have lost 1000's also. Just vanished but videos remain
0 Likes
Spikekie
Journeyman
Options
Hi, Yes my vids are not effected. After spending many days now, looking into this, the missing pics are nowhere on my phone or any cloud storage. The phone seems to be deleting old photos. I think it may be something to do with the 30day command, where the software deletes old pics in the recycle bin automatically ( even though that is switched off 🙄). It seems to be doing this, but to my albums. I've planted some photos to see what happens.....A while back when they started to disappear, I started backing up to Google photos. Wise decision 😁. I would not trust Samsung or Microsoft with my valued photos again! I'll keep you posted 😉
0 Likes
Spikekie
Journeyman
Options
The other thing I've noticed is that even if you have sync switched off on OneDrive and Samsung Gallery, if you delete a photo from OneDrive it still deletes it from Samsung gallery Albums, which then deletes it from your photos. But it doesn't work the other way round. Switching sync off on both does very little. I'm going to remove OneDrive shortly now all photos are in Google cloud. I've just gota figure how to get Google photos on a Windows laptop first.
0 Likes
Vancon
Student
Options
Thanks, luckily I had mine backed up too. Can't believe I have a phone with no memory card! Bad move! Not feeling it with Samsung atm. My TV has a black cloud on it too and although it is out of warranty I have barely used it 😔
0 Likes