Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 11:48 AM)
Proz
Explorer
Options
Hi all. 
Well since update to android 12 on my S20 Ultra the Samsung Gallery keeps crashing. It seems to be somehow connected to video or folders containing video. Both 1080p and 4K video seems to be affected. Opening any folder in the Gallery containing video makes the app freeze then crash. 
I hope this helps diagnose the issue as I don't know what other Gallery app to use.
This has happened before under android 11 but it's now constant since updating to android 12. 
I'm trying to send the logs to Samsung under get help and this tells me logs are sent when sending report but they keep replying to me saying no logs sent so I've no idea why the logs aren't coming through .
Google Play also says my phone is no longer compatible with the Samsung Gallery 😳😳
Any tips or help would be great .... 

Thank you 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Proz
Explorer
Options
No answer or solution as such yet. I dud get a reply saying they'd fixed the issue but it's still crashing occasionally for me.
0 Likes
y2jman
First Poster
Options

i don't have this issue however i did clear gallery last thurs after i went into android 12 back on 11

i also see that samsung gallery saying  no longer compatible with this app contact developers for more info 

i got a s20 plus phone and i'm from usa however samsung cloud and always on display saying same thing 

the oddest part i asked somebody on their phone about samsung gallery who also in usa got android 12 i assumed they have s20 phone or s21 phone  telling me he doesn't see the red however when he actually goes to the apps find samsung gallery it also said app download galaxy store<-same as my phone

however both his and mine samsung always on display does say red message when he did same thing in apps click on always on display go playstore saw it  and i think samsung cloud don't work despite i don't used app which also saying same thing

i doubt when i went into android 12 back on 11th at the time it was compatible and then just magically changed to device not compatible right after i clear data i think always been there like aod was and i never clear aod data btw

when i do go to play store click on gallery only thing you can do open there's no uninstall and reinstall 

both samsung cloud and samsung always on display when go to play store you get nothing despite that red message i guess they are build into phone

i'm glad my gallery doesn't crash it just strange why 1 person phone after upgrade 11 to 12 when they go to playstore see samsung galley app no red message saying not compatible but mine is

if go to apps and click gallery it saying coming from galaxy store very odd but i guess this is happening to some folks us phones besides uk phones after going 11 to 12

0 Likes
Nkara73
Journeyman
Options

I'm experiencing the exact same thing after the upgrade to Android 12! I filed a report and after sending a video of what happens when using the share-button..the reply was to reset my phone! With all do respect that is something I'd rather not resort to. The issue has been reported worldwide and its been confirmed by Samsung. I'll rather wait for an update :smiling-face:

Julz3
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220305-170151_Google Play Store.jpg

 here's a screenshot

0 Likes
Julz3
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220305-173056_Photo Editor.jpg

 screenshot of app crashing every time I try to edit.  I can no longer draw or add text either

Julz 

0 Likes
DGAlex1971
First Poster
Options

I had same issue and after some tests I figured that if I download photos manually by SDcard adapter and make any edit on photo, after editing I can open it on Gallery. I tried even just changing size decreasing it on 1 pixel and worked too, so the only changes that really is different and make any reason is: Metadata. Every edition I made, clears Metadata then it's worked. Tomorrow I will try to ONLY clear Metadata of original file to see if keep working. If works the problem is some restriction on Samsung Gallery app and DJI files

0 Likes