Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery sync to OneDrive.

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 09:21 PM)
NPW10
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

I'm having new issues with Samsung's Gallery Sync to OneDrive! Previously on this forum people have described how photos and videos are not synced to OneDrive immediately (unlike others like Dropbox), and requires a manual sync.

Now the WhatsApp media folders don't appear in 'Albums to sync' in Gallery's settings. They were there before, and WhatsApp is still set to show media in Gallery. WhatsApp photos and videos appear in Gallery, there's just no option to sync their folders. Currently I only have 'Camera' and 'Screenshots' as options.

This happened after using Gallery's 'Free up phone space' feature. This clears all folders from 'Albums to sync', and then as photos and videos appear in Gallery again, new folder options to sync appear. Just not happening with WhatsApp now though. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE phone with latest software, Android 11, One UI 3.1, and Gallery version 12.1.09.0.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

52 REPLIES 52
suntraveler87
Student
Options

This is the only solution to date that worked!!!!!

0 Likes
Ghinculov
Explorer
Options

Doesn't work on my S10+.

0 Likes
rphx
Navigator
Options

This woraround is s*****, it downloads all pictures from the Whatsapp folder into the Samsung Gallery/Camera Roll but they appear all as taken on the day you downloaded them... so you have all the staff up in the gallery mixed.... x thousand pictures taken on 24th Aug 22... 

suntraveler87
Student
Options

I completely agree, the workaround is so bad!! I have asked Microsoft for help to restore the original OneDrive setup for camera upload (+ other folders) to avoid completely the Samsung Gallery upload, so happy I stepped away from this Samsung Gallery nightmare!!!

0 Likes
MCotroneo
Apprentice
Options

This is incredibly frustrating; I hope they fix it soon!

0 Likes
Jose_Barbosa
First Poster
Options

As many of you said, this is frustrating. I have been trying to solve it because I also was using the Gallery sync for the Whatsapp images and that is now, and for now, not available... I use Samsung, currently S22, Android.
Reading the several answers I decided to try this and it works :

- Use the "My Files" app in Android and the OneDrive in my PC and MAC

- In My Files make sure the OneDrive option is logged in. Then go to Internal Storage. On the top left make sure you see ALL files and not just Essentials. Then select the path Android - media - com.whatsapp - Whatsapp - Media.

- Here you will see all folders that contain the images, videos etc. I was only interested in pictures, so I selected (long press) the folder"WhatsApp Images". Select COPY on the bottom line. 

- Then BEFORE clicking "Copy Here" you have to go back and get to OneDrive. Click the home button on the top left and select then the OneDrive destination. Now its up to you WHERE to copy those files to.

I suggest you leave then the phone ON, do NOT touch anything else and let him copy all, I tried doing other stuff and had to go back to the beginning. If you go to your OneDrive on your PC you should see the folder and the files starting to show up!

This is NOT a sync solution. It is a miserable copy out of the Whatsapp on the phone and into your OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Members_OFIBJWr
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have an S21 -> Also having issues being unable to sync whatsapp images to one drive.  After reading all the replies above, I have managed to unsyc the gallery, so now I can see my whatsapp images in onedrive

But -> Is there any way to make it so when I delete images in gallery, they are also deleted in onedrive like what used to happen ?

0 Likes
MCotroneo
Apprentice
Options

It is shameful that this is still an issue.

0 Likes
MCotroneo
Apprentice
Options

It is shameful that this is still an issue. I'm at the loss of words.

0 Likes
Sriana
First Poster
Options

for me the app stops syncing because it shows an error that the phone is too hot. i live in a very hot country. i''m replying in June 2023 and the problem of OneDrive not syncing whatsapp is still not fixed.

0 Likes