Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery sync to OneDrive.

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 09:21 PM)
NPW10
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

I'm having new issues with Samsung's Gallery Sync to OneDrive! Previously on this forum people have described how photos and videos are not synced to OneDrive immediately (unlike others like Dropbox), and requires a manual sync.

Now the WhatsApp media folders don't appear in 'Albums to sync' in Gallery's settings. They were there before, and WhatsApp is still set to show media in Gallery. WhatsApp photos and videos appear in Gallery, there's just no option to sync their folders. Currently I only have 'Camera' and 'Screenshots' as options.

This happened after using Gallery's 'Free up phone space' feature. This clears all folders from 'Albums to sync', and then as photos and videos appear in Gallery again, new folder options to sync appear. Just not happening with WhatsApp now though. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE phone with latest software, Android 11, One UI 3.1, and Gallery version 12.1.09.0.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

52 REPLIES 52
SlickRick
First Poster
Options
Same issue with me, really annoying.
SaxPlayer
First Poster
Options

I just realized that I have the same issue (S10e) !!!

This should be resolved...

0 Likes
bradavon
Navigator
Options
This has come about because WhatsApp used to store its data in a folder called WhatsApp in the root of the phone.

But now it's in the Android\Media folder where Android apps store their internal data. This is a system level folder.

I bet Samsung Gallery Sync doesn't scan this folder for photos (why would you want internal app images synchronised).

Samsung Gallery Sync needs to be updated to scan the Media folder or Facebook need to update WhatsApp so you can choose where it's photos are stored on the phone.

Facebook basically changed where it stores it stores its data, to a system folder Samsung Gallery doesn't scan :(.

All I can think of is copy any images you particularly waned synchronised to the Camera or Screenshots folder and then it'll be synchronised.
Elad Bassevich
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue, please update on this.

0 Likes
kkdowning
Student
Options

I think the issue is with Microsoft, seems that they have changed their policy. I tried to link it through My Files on Samsung and it failed every single time.

So I decided to try it on PC and I went in. I was like 1.8 GB over the limit, so I cleared out the storage. Turns out - now you have to unfreeze your account by typing "I understand" in the pop-up window, and if you don't use your OneDrive at all for a month, it freezes again.

0 Likes
aseli
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with my Galaxy A51

0 Likes
Skiingj
Journeyman
Options

Same issue.  Please fix.

0 Likes
Da Phone
Journeyman
Options

Same issue.  Please fix.

0 Likes
aseli
Apprentice
Options

Got this reply from official Samsung support (in German):

Guten Tag

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht, gerne helfen wir Ihnen weiter.

Der WhatsApp Ordner befindet sich in einem privaten Speicherplatz, auf den nur WhatsApp zugreifen kann.
Gemäß der Synchronisierungsdienstrichtlinie wird die Synchronisation von Daten, die im privaten Speicher gespeichert sind, nicht unterstützt.
Daher ist es ein normales Verhalten, dass der WhatsApp-Bildordner nicht in der Upload-Albumliste vorhanden ist und der Inhalt des Ordners nicht synchronisiert wird.

Wir hoffen, Ihnen mit dieser Information geholfen zu haben und sind bei weiteren Fragen gerne für Sie da.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Anja Illmer

Samsung Electronics Switzerland GmbH
Tel: 0800 726 78 64 (kostenloser Anruf/free call)
www.samsung.ch <http://www.samsung.com/de>

Skiingj
Journeyman
Options

Thank You for the information.  Disappointing as this used to work.

CONVERTED  TO ENGLISH:

Got this reply from official Samsung support (in German):

Hello

, thank you for your message, we are happy to help you.

The WhatsApp folder is in a private storage space that only WhatsApp can access.
According to the synchronization service policy, synchronization of data stored in private storage is not supported.
Therefore, it is a normal behavior that the WhatsApp image folder does not exist in the upload album list and the contents of the folder are not synced.

We hope to have helped you with this information and are happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Anja Illmer